Actuation Systems and Liaison Engineer - Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation Seattle Office
Company: Liebherr Group
Posted on: May 23, 2023
The Actuation Systems and Liaison Engineer position works with
internal and external teams to develop innovative solutions and
drive performance. This role provides expertise and support for the
engineering team in Actuation Systems & Components field associated
with the projects Liebherr Aerospace is involved with US based
- Ensure Liebherr-Aerospace liaison engineering with the US based
- The liaison engineer needs to be able to support the entire
development process from early system and component studies,
detailed design phase, lab integration and qualification phase,
flight test phase to entry into service and sustaining. The Liaison
engineer needs following knowledge to provide this support:
- Knowledge of general requirements for Actuation Systems &
- Knowledge of aerospace product development processes and
- Knowledge of aerospace qualification and certification
- Knowledge for troubleshooting of aerospace equipment.
- Provide Customer with expertise and support related to Liebherr
designed and developed Actuation Systems & Components.
- Actively participate in the Actuation components and systems
engineering development integration teams and engineering
- Ensure appropriate preparation and organisation of the
engineering meetings with the customer.
- Summarize, and prepare digests of technical meetings and
decisions taken at the customer and ensure transmission of the
information to the home base.
- Ensure appropriate follow up of agreed action items from the
- Ensure adequate technical support to customers for ongoing
joint activities by coordinating activities closely with the
customer engineering management, the Seattle engineering manager
and the home base Liebherr program management.
- Support program management in achieving budgets and
- Ensure reporting through the office and company tools.
- Ensure design expertise, support, and system integration
activities with the customer in close coordination with the project
and office management.
- Promote and ensure implementation of the technical directives
given by the project leaders.
- Support and coordinate training of the production engineering
personnel, support and participate to functional system testing in
test labs and on the first production aircrafts.
- Provide and support engineering analysis, and disposition of
snags associated with components, and detected on the assembly line
in close cooperation with Final Assembly Line engineering.
- Ensure liaison engineering with the home base for lab, system
ground and flight testing
- Ensure local configuration management of system installed in
customer labs and on flight test aircrafts.
- Support flight test briefing and debriefings; collect and
distribute flight test data, record, and provide advanced analyses
of system snags to the home base.
- Perform system analyses, as directed by the project and office
- Ensure engineering support to the home-based supplier
management team (engineering follow up of local US or Canadian
- Promote the image of Liebherr Aerospace at engineering level
and identify potential business activities based on engineering
- Report new industry aircraft level technologies, technology
trends, and/or technological development that may impact the
Liebherr aerospace component design or the Liebherr aerospace
component design philosophy.Competencies
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Mechanical
Engineering, Electronic Engineering or other related
science/engineering field with 3-7 years of engineering experience
relevant required; or equivalent combination of education and
- Advanced knowledge of Liebherr Actuation products and
- Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound
- Fast comprehension and analysis of complex technical
- Perform in depth system analyses.
- Ability to operate and facilitate cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Generating reports, and advanced competency with computer
skills and applications.
- Ability to multitask, to participate to technical discussions
and also take the notes needed to generate comprehensive meeting
summaries and follow up actions.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from
customers or suppliers.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, print reading, and
basic electrical schematics.
- DOT drug screen required.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license and passport.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% of the time.Our OfferFlex
time start, comprehensive benefits package that includes major
medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company
matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.Have we awoken
your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online
application. If you have any questions, please contact Jenna Wright
at: firstname.lastname@example.org.Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected
by law.Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.
Keywords: Liebherr Group, Everett , Actuation Systems and Liaison Engineer - Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation Seattle Office, Professions , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...