Logistics and Shipping Lead, TerraPower Isotopes
Posted on: January 23, 2023
TITLE: Logistics and Shipping Lead, TerraPower Isotopes
LOCATION: Everett, WA, USA
The TerraPower Isotopes (TPI) division has been established to
pursue medical isotopes development: advancing nuclear science for
significant human health benefits. We seek to support revolutionary
radiotherapies for treatments of various cancers through the supply
of radioisotopes, notably actinium-225. TerraPower currently has
unique access to a supply of thorium for the long-term production
of actinium-225 in the growing Targeted Alpha Therapy (TAT) market
and may expand into other nuclear related medical treatments in the
The TerraPower Isotopes program is an integral part of the
Washington State based TerraPower team, a company working to raise
living standards globally. In 2006, the company originated with
Bill Gates and a group of like-minded visionaries who evaluated the
fundamental challenges to raising living standards around the
world. TerraPower's mission is to be a world leader in new nuclear
technologies, while developing innovators and future leaders in the
TerraPower is seeking to hire highly motivated and forward-thinking
professionals who are interested in focusing on advanced
radiopharmaceutical applications and influencing change within
nuclear medicine. TerraPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In
addition, as a federal contractor, TerraPower has instituted an
Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) to proactively recruit, hire, and
promote women, minorities, disabled persons and veterans.
Logistics and Shipping Lead, TerraPower Isotopes
The TerraPower Isotopes (TPI) Logistics and Shipping Lead will be
primarily responsible for establishing the processes for receiving,
stocking, and inventory control of chemical reagents, equipment,
and consumable supplies for the unique processes for the TPI
project, and for the shipping of radiopharmaceutical products to
customers. The TPI Logistics and Shipping team will work in close
coordination with the personnel at the TerraPower Everett
Laboratory who share similar logistics duties in other projects
across the facility.
- Establish and maintain the inventory and supply within the TPI
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for laboratory
chemicals, equipment, and other related consumables.
- Establish a system for re-ordering within timeframes to
maintain a minimum quantity of laboratory supplies essential for
the production and operations. This system includes tracking,
re-ordering, and disposal of items with shelf-life / expiration
- Oversee the safe storage of TPI project material to include use
of appropriate weather protection, seismic bracing, temperature
controls, and hazardous materials segregation.
- Maintain an auditable recordkeeping system for inventories and
- Oversees the unpacking and movement of TPI project material to
- Use of pallet jacks, powered industrial trucks such as fork
lifts, mobile elevated work platforms.
- Use of basic powered and unpowered hand tools in the assembly /
disassembly of packing materials and equipment.
- Assist the Quality Control Technicians in segregating materials
which fail receipt inspection.
- Ensure radioactive material packaging and labeling meet
regulatory requirements upon shipment.
- Maintain a safe working environment keeping spaces in clean and
- Lead the development of process improvements and efficiency
across the logistics chain.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum five years of experience in warehouse logistics
operations in a pharmaceutical manufacturing or regulated industry
under a quality assurance program.
- Strong administrative skills in procedure writing and
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining an organized
arrangement of materials used in a pharmaceutical setting. Strong
understanding of inventory control and usage techniques (material
quarantine, inspection and release, FIFO/FEFO, SLED tracking and
material disposal tracking and reporting).
- Good computer working knowledge for data entry, recordkeeping,
and shipping/transfer records.
- Experienced in radioactive material shipping with a good
working knowledge of 49 CFR Class 7 DOT and IATA requirements.
Experience given evidence by a certificate in the Department of
Transportation (DOT) Hazmat General, Safety and Security Awareness
- Proficient in the use of basic unpowered and powered hand
- Experienced with the use of powered industrial trucks used in a
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Maintains a current driver's license.
- Military experience is a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust
and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire
to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined
based on assessment of qualifications.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions
associated with the position. These functions may also constitute
essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to
fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below
is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable
understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's
ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions
will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a
case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the
applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to
any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods,
bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Frequent, ability to
safely lift up to 50+ pounds and to work in odd positions as work
- Repetitive work: Intermittent.
- Special senses: visual and audio acuity for safety in an
- Work Conditions: Radiochemistry laboratory and industrial
warehouse. The majority of work will be conducted in and around the
warehouse but will occasionally require work to support inventories
and re-supply inside the radiochemistry laboratory.
- Schedules: Normally assigned periods days or swing shifts, 5
days per week but will require flexibility to accommodate off-hour
repairs and timed outages.
- Travel required
TerraPower's technology is controlled for export by various
agencies of the U.S. Government. TerraPower must evaluate
applicants who are foreign nationals (other than asylees, refugees,
or lawful permanent residents) in accordance with U.S. Government
export control requirements. To facilitate TerraPower's export
control reviews, you will be asked as part of the application
process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or national,
asylee, refugee, or lawful permanent resident of the United States.
Government export authorization approval times vary. Based on the
business needs for a particular position, TerraPower may not
consider a foreign national from a country if it is impracticable
to obtain timely Government export approval.
Salary Range: $105,236 - $193,384
Job Type: Full-time
- Competitive Compensation
- Salary, eligible to participate in discretionary short-term
- Comprehensive Medical and Wellness Benefits Medical
- Life and Disability
- Gender Affirmation Benefits
- Parental Leave
- 401k Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 21 days of annually accrued PTO
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- 10 paid holidays
- Relocation Assistance
- Professional and Educational Support Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedule
*Typically, our employee salaries are within .90 - 1.0 of the
mid-point of the posted salary band. Any salary offered within the
posted salary band is based on market data and commensurate with
the selected individual's qualifications and experience. This range
is specific to Washington State.
TerraPower Career and Benefits information:
Keywords: TerraPower, Everett , Logistics and Shipping Lead, TerraPower Isotopes, Professions , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!