Member Consultant II (part-time Personal Banker) with $1250 Sign-on Bonus**
Company: Boeing Employees Credit Union
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Are you interested in working for a purpose-driven organization
that is owned by, and accountable to, its members-not its
shareholders? Where you can collaborate with teams that help
deliver products and services to over 1.3 million members? Then
read on-BECU might just be the right fit for you.
BECU is a national leader among financial institutions. With over
$29 billion in assets, we're among the largest credit unions in the
nation. We've been in business for over 86 years, serving the
financial well-being of our community and helping our members
achieve life-long financial goals.
Here's what else sets us apart:
* Our members-first ethos.
* Unique benefits, perks and workplace culture.
* Philanthropy and community involvement.
* Remote, flexible and hybrid work opportunities.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
Sign-on bonus available! New hires (or rehires over 12 months) are
eligible to receive a $1,250 bonus. Ask your recruiter for
The 100% on-site part-time Member Consultant II provides a seamless
delivery of member service from routine to complex issues by
assisting in a branch environment. The role will be required to
deliver a high quality member experience while using their
knowledge of multiple products and will identify, diagnose, and act
on members' consumer financial needs, including referrals to the
appropriate line of business for specialized services. The MC II
utilizes their thorough knowledge of credit union products,
including business deposit products and small business loans,
consumer loans and lines of credit and deposit products (such as
IRA products), to provide excellent customer service to the member.
The Member Consultant II is responsible for serving as a subject
matter expert to members and Member Consultants, creating an
outstanding member experience by resolving member service needs,
and delivering expertise in specialized financial services.
This is a 100% on-site position that pays between $24-28/hr.
Eligible sign-on bonus is $250 first paycheck, $500 at three months
of employment, $500 at 12 months of employment. Terms and
By applying to this requisition, you have expressed interest in
working in a Neighborhood Financial Center within the Coastal
In the Coastal District, there are pod branches. A pod is a group
of branches that are close in proximity to one another. If selected
for employment, the candidate will be hired into a pod. Once the
candidate is done with training and a position opens, the candidate
will be placed into one of the Member Consultant positions within
The pods are split up as follows:
* Mill Creek, Thrasher's Corner, and Seattle Hill Road
Applicants must be comfortable with all commutes involved. If an
interview is scheduled, a recruiter will discuss the preferred pod
for the candidate.
10-Week Training Schedule:
* Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday with flexibility to start
between 9am-10am for 8 hours (most days end by 5pm)
After Training Schedule:
* Required Days: Monday from 10am-5pm, Friday from 10am-5pm, Every
Saturday from 8:30am-1:30pm
* Leadership will add one additional weekday at their discretion:
Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 10am-5pm
* Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU
Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection
* Deepen and retain member relationships utilizing all aspects of
the Member Advantage program and other BECU programs that ensure
the full sales experience cycle is achieved.
* Interview and enter business loan applications for business LOC,
and Visa products and forward all completed loan applications to
* Maintain and effectively leverage a thorough knowledge of all
forms and documentation necessary for each consumer and business
* Provide notary and medallion signature guarantee services to BECU
* Utilize thorough knowledge of products to provide excellent
customer service, including the areas of business services,
consumer lending, deposit servicing, IRA, POA, and Fiduciary
* Conduct thorough consumer loan interviews by completing
applications and the necessary documentation (e.g., income
verification), calculating and providing the correct financial
stipulations to obtain a lending decision. Ensure consumer loan
applications are complete and that all loan documents are signed
with the members for full origination.
* Ensure all members receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and
professional service and that member problems/complaints are
resolved promptly and courteously, with follow through to
resolution. Serve as an escalation point on all service issues.
* Develop new member relationships through community involvement
and existing member referrals by providing members with service
excellence. Actively participate in all sales and service
activities, goals and responsibilities as requested.
* Maintain signing authority for BECU's release of interest on
title vehicles Guarantee signatures in accordance with the STAMP
program for the sale or transfer of members' stocks and
* Sign all line and loan documents that originate through
outbound/inbound call center, ensuring each Member's needs are
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Minimum 2 years post-High school education required or equivalent
years of experience; 3 or more years post-High school education
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role at a Financial
Institution, 3 years customer/member/client facing experience in a
retail environment may be accepted instead. Combination of above
experience totaling 4 years may also be accepted.
* Experience as a BECU Member Consultant preferred. Experience in
business lending, mortgage lending and consumer lending
* Successful completion of in-house training program after hire is
* Excellent problem resolutions, negotiating, organization and peer
coaching skills with the ability to exercise confidentiality and
* Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively
communicate in the English language.
* Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Credit Union key
objectives, product and service solutions to communicate
appropriate recommendations to uncover and address member
* Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that pertain
to all membership, deposit and loan products and services offered
including all forms, interest rates and necessary
* Thorough understanding of the sales process and manage a sales
* Effective analytical skills with proficient math aptitude.
* Ability to work a shifting/flexible schedule; this requires
evenings, nights or weekends.
* Full time hours required; additional hours as necessary.
* Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual
registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected
Keywords: Boeing Employees Credit Union, Everett , Member Consultant II (part-time Personal Banker) with $1250 Sign-on Bonus**, Professions , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!