Commercial/Residential Glass Estimator
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Family owned and operated commercial & residential glass company
is seeking an experienced and reliable Estimator to prepare cost
estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements..This Jobot Job
is hosted by: Ryan AndersonAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary:
$55,000 - $65,000 per yearA bit about us:Nearly 130 years of
serving Puget Sound businesses and residences with their glass
needs. We are family owned and operated for five generations. Our
dedicated staff is standing by, waiting to assist you and answer
any questions.Why join us?401(k)401(k) matchingDental
insuranceEmployee assistance programEmployee discountFlexible
scheduleFlexible spending accountHealth insuranceHealth savings
accountLife insurancePaid time offReferral programVision
insuranceJob DetailsCommercial Construction Estimator needed to
prepare cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements.Job
- Provides reports, product information, and meet with both
architects and contractors to help specify products that we
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings,
specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies the best systems and installation methods for the
- Does a full take off of materials by either building the
project in manufactures system configurator or directly imputing
all materials into the spreadsheet.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying
proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time
- Maintains a directory of suppliers, contractors, and
- Solicits and maintains communication with multiple
subcontractors and vendors. Identifies their current products,
capabilities, & lead-times.
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
to keep them updated on project changes through the bidding
- Notes drawing discrepancies and attempts to resolve them with
the contractor or qualifies our proposed solutions as
- Excludes scopes that are not included or offered
- Presents a prepared estimate by assembling and displaying
numerical and descriptive information.
- Provides budgeting for new projects based on historical
- Follows up with contractors for bid results and provides them
any additional information or value engineering required to help
them make their selection
- Does a full handoff of the project to a project manager and
helps them on any issues or changes to scope that arise in
completing the project.Education Preferred:
- Associates degree preferred and two+ years related
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Basic knowledge of fabrication
- Know industry programs (CMAST, THERM, SchuCal, Partner Pack,
- Must be able to handle high stress levels associated with the
responsibility of accurate budgeting with short deadlines.
- Software experience in Acrobat, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, word
processing and spreadsheetsQualifications:****Drug-Free Workplace
(pre-employment drug test required.)****Interested in hearing more?
Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Everett , Commercial/Residential Glass Estimator, Professions , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!