Company: CASCADE COFFEE LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWhat does it take to create 1.1 billion cups of
coffee a year?Ask Cascade Coffee!As one of the leaders in the
Coffee Roasting Industry, Cascade Coffee products hold a prominent
place in markets across the US and internationally but you would
never know it.Cascade works behind the scenes to provide
innovation, world-class coffee roasting, and a wide variety of
packaging options to highlight their loyal customer's brands.For
more than 40 years Cascade Coffee has been the premier specialty
coffee contract manufacturer in the Pacific Northwest. Specializing
in roasting, grinding, flavoring, and packaging coffee, catering to
the world's finest coffee brands worldwide.Founded by a passionate
coffee enthusiast in 1977, the company operates from a 150,000
square foot manufacturing and roasting facility, more than 2
million pounds of green coffee storage facility, 50 million pounds
in annually of coffee roasting capacity as well as multiple
roasting lines, flavor mixing systems and 14 automated packaging
lines.With 145 employees, $40+ million in revenue and plans to
scale to $100 million, and as the largest and most capable coffee
co-manufacturer West of the Mississippi; Cascade Coffee is focused
on continued growth after recently being acquired by Westward
Partners Private Equity Group, a Northwest Private Equity firm.The
new ownership team is committed to honoring the company history
while focusing on building and scaling systems to support rapid
growth. Cascade boasts a long tenured and passionate executive
leadership team with an unparalleled depth of industry and
functional coffee expertise. Why Cascade? We offer a unique blend
of benefits for you and your loved ones!
- Healthcare benefits - Multiple coverage levels of medical,
dental, and vision plans for whatever best fits your
- Pet insurance! - Multiple coverage levels for whatever best
suits your furry (or not so furry) friend. (Exotic pets
- 401k Roth or Pre-Tax options - $1 for $1 match and ZERO vesting
- Company provided long term disability and life insurance.
- Various Supplemental insurance programs.
- Employee Assistance Program - To support you and your family's
overall wellbeing to achieve your best and most productive
- Generous Sick and Vacation plans - Starting at 5.07 hours per
pay period. Cascade understands the vital importance of a quality
- Coffee @ home program! - Option to bring home innovative
products not yet available to the public!
- Cascade Cares - Exciting partner engagement programs each month
with BIG prizes.
- Leadership Training - We invest in our partners and dedicate
time to training some of the best leaders in the industry.
- Cascade University Program - Gain valuable knowledge for a
bright future in the coffee industry! TITLE: Facilities Laborer
SHIFT: Monday - Friday 6:30am - 3pm POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible
for the daily facilities maintenance. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE
- Cleans and maintains building structures, production
facilities, and surrounding property.
- Perform building up-keep including changing of lightbulbs,
repairing doors, painting, and other basic building maintenance as
- Responsible for vacuuming down overheads, dusting horizontal
and vertical surfaces in the facility and on the equipment..
- Completes Kleanz work orders/sheets, CAM's work orders and
returns completed forms to be entered into the system.
- Cleans office areas, lunchroom/break room, meeting rooms and
bathrooms as needed.
- Upholds and provides safe, high-quality, consistent products,
and superior services that anticipate, meet, or exceed the
requirements of our customers.
- Complies with General Safety Communication Program.
- Performs any other duties/tasks that may be assigned to him/her
on an as needed basis.
- Performs magnet pull testing.
- Responsible for painting walkways and walls. PHYSICAL AND
- See attached Physical Demand Job Analysis form.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, team oriented,
- Use of basic hand tools.
- No fear of heights or tight quarters.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, self-motivated and capable of
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, lighting, carpentry,
and structures a plus.
- Ability to provide proof that you can obtain a valid Driver's
License (required to become forklift certified). WORK ENVIROMENT
- Operate a forklift, scissors-lift, and climb ladders or
structures to access facility overheads.
- This position is inside a warehouse roasting facility that
requires constant standing on concrete floors, exposed to loud
equipment noise and subject to coffee dust and flavoring
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions when
transferring product from one building to another.
- Personal protection equipment and other Good Manufacturing
Practices are mandatory. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL
- Ability to address moderately complex problems and propose
solutions.CASCADE COFFEE'S SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGECascade Coffee LLC
recognizes that sound Sustainability business practices benefit our
Society, Employee Partners, Economy, Environment, and Community
(what we call SEEEC) and reflect our company values.We embrace our
role as leaders in the coffee industry and understand the
importance of embodying SEEEC in all our procedures and processes,
wherever possible.Doing business with Sustainability in mind helps
generate a flywheel that attracts high-value Employee Partners who
then reinforce the importance of Sustainability, benefitting
SEEEC.Cascade Coffee LLC ensures that whenever possible,
Sustainable purchasing practices are followed that strive to
balance short-term technological challenges with long-term research
and development, providing the lowest environmental costs while
maintaining quality and required shelf life to meet our customer's
needs.Cascade Coffee LLC identifies, coordinates, communicates, and
implements practices that preserve and promote efficient use and
conservation of energy, water, and other resources. Cascade Coffee
LLC works together with our customers, suppliers, and contractors
to support their Sustainability efforts toward minimizing solid
waste production by encouraging recycling and reuse.
- All electrical power needs are being met through 100%
carbon-free and 100% renewable sources.
- Emissions associated with natural gas usage of nearly 500,000
therms per year have been 100% offset by Cascade Coffee LLC's
participation in Puget Sound Energy's Carbon Balance program, and
our onsite Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer neutralizes 99% of the
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's).
- All Coffee Chaff is utilized by local compost manufacturers to
create nutrient-rich compost.By adopting these practices and
continuously looking for new best practices, and in concert with
our customers, Cascade Coffee LLC will meet its pledge to reduce
its waste footprint by half by 2030! Cascade coffee is committed to
creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
We celebrate our differences because we believe diversity drives
innovation and leads to sustainable success. We recruit, hire and
promote our partners based on capability and performance, without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.
Keywords: CASCADE COFFEE LLC, Everett , Facilities Technician, Professions , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!