Company: Interfor Corporation
Location: Port Angeles
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Who We AreInterfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with
operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual
production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the
most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the
world.What We OfferInterfor is where excellence meets opportunity.
We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best
people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities
across North America. In the past decade, we've infused close to $1
billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest
technologies. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in
the world and we're growing in exciting directions. Come be a part
of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor for our
sawmill in Port Angeles, WA. The Production Supervisor will be
responsible for the overall operation and performance of the
sawmill or planermill, and will work closely with other areas of
the business to optimize the production performance of the
operation. The successful candidate will need to be available to
work nights and/or swing shift.What You'll Do
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety by
leading by example and ensuring that the team follows all policies,
procedures, practices and regulations.
- Manage and identify opportunities to improve productivity,
reduce cost, and maximize the quality, value, and recovery of
- Oversee manufacturing quality, meeting product specifications
and customer expectations while maximizing outturns
- Engage production and maintenance workers to achieve targets,
meet expectations, and address deficiencies in a productive and
- Ensure quality standards are met throughout the manufacturing
- Foster a culture of open and respectful communication.
- Engage and support team members to achieve excellence in all
areas of the business.What You Offer
- Post-secondary education (minimum high school diploma).
- 3 years of sawmill, planer or related experience.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and experience within lumber manufacturing and
- Familiarization with maintenance and optimization systems is an
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to
work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively
in a team environment.
- Desire to lead and support a talented team in a fast-paced
- Available to work swing or day shifts as required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Strong computer competency, particularly Microsoft Outlook and
Excel.Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at
www.interfor.com/careersWe appreciate the interest of all
applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully
complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check.
Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable,
committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Interfor Corporation, Everett , Production Supervisor, Professions , Port Angeles, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!