Youth Support Partner - Everett Children's Intensive Services
Company: Compass Health
Posted on: November 14, 2023
YOUTH SUPPORT PARTNER - Full time
Compass Health is currently looking for a Youth Support Partner to
join the Children's Intensive Services program in Everett!
Children's Intensive Outpatient Services supports children and
their families in their community in a least restrictive
environment using the Wraparound process. Wraparound works to honor
the family voice and choice, identify strengths, build natural
supports, and foster self-sufficiency. Wraparound teams provide
comprehensive behavioral health services and supports to
Medicaid-eligible individuals, up to 21 years of age, with complex
behavioral health needs and their families. The goal of the program
is for eligible youth to live and thrive in their homes and
communities, as well as to avoid or reduce disruptive out-of-home
placements. Assessment, treatment, and support services are
provided in the youth and family's natural setting, where needs and
challenges present themselves (such as the home, school, and
community). Families report excellent outcomes including,
youth/family stability, increased support, connection to their
community, and hope for the future.
What you will be performing
We are looking for someone who can work as part of a
multi-disciplinary treatment team to provide an individualized,
creative, and strength-based approach within the wraparound model.
This position will work to support youth and caregivers in order to
maintain children in a least restrictive and community-based
This position requires a flexible schedule with evening and weekend
hours both in the office, in the client home, and in the community.
Youth Support Partners work with the client to help support their
engagement and active participation in making informed decisions to
drive the wraparound process. The Youth Support Partners ensure
each client is heard and their individual needs are being addressed
and met. Youth Support Partners have their own life experience of
living with a behavioral health disorder as a young person which
helps them connect with and provide hope to youth in the
What you will be carrying along
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. AA or BA Degree in
a related field preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Completion of the online modules and application for the
Certified Peer Counselor credential through the Department of
Health prior to start date.
- Complete in-person/live certification source within 90 days of
hire. Current Peer Counselor Certification preferred.
- Personal experience receiving community services as a consumer,
and/or experience as a caregiver of a child as a consumer.
- Individuals who do not already hold a license or associate
license through the Washington State Department of Health must
submit Agency Affiliated Counselor application upon hire and be
approved by the DOH.
- Experience as a Peer Counselor preferred.
- Experience in medical, mental health or social services field
- Some knowledge of child development, behavior management and
parenting techniques, and culturally diverse families.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License including vehicle and
What you will be sharing
- Knowledge of mental illnesses and chemical dependency, and
effective strategies for dealing with its effects.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to collaborate, provide peer support, and help
facilitate services for families receiving high-intensity
- Ability to partner with consumers, mental health professionals,
and the community. Must be able to maintain professional
- Ability to consult with Wraparound facilitator to determine
role in performing welcome, engagement, and assessment activities
- Knowledge of in-home and intensive services and/or previous
experience working with culturally diverse families
- Ability to work effectively with individuals with complex needs
and multi-system involvement.
- Ability to maintain a positive, solution-focused demeanor when
responding to conflicts or problems.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to multitask
within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong computer proficiency, including keyboarding skills and
working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to utilize an electronic medical record for
collaborative clinical documentation.
What we will be offering
As the region's largest non-profit community behavioral healthcare
organization, we have been serving our clients and our communities
for over 110 years. Our commitment to care doesn't stop with our
clients though, as we take pride in offering our employees the
opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth,
and advancement as well as a focus on employee satisfaction and
(benefits pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to full-time
- 16 days of vacation the first year
- 12 sick days including an additional wellness day
- 13 paid holidays - 11 traditional holidays, plus 2 you
- $300 in professional funds per year
- Up to 5 days paid education leave
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 2% company match after the
- Automatic additional pay raises when you have your 1st and 3rd
anniversary with Compass
- Mileage reimbursement
- Weekly supervision
- And much, much more!!!
This totals over 45 paid days off in your first year!
The organization you will be joining
Compass Health is the region's largest private, non-profit
organization providing mental health and chemical dependency
services in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom
counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative
services to children, families and adults in a variety of
outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been
serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though
our commitment to care doesn't stop with our clients as we take
pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a
culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We
maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance,
which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs.
Please visit our website for more information:
Compass Health promotes equal treatment and equal employment
opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race,
creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status,
sexual minority status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
disability unless based on a bona fide occupational
Job Title: Youth Peer Counselor
Program: 615-52500 Children's Intensive (WISe 3)
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Wage: $17.15-$30.01/hr DOE
Keywords: Compass Health, Everett , Youth Support Partner - Everett Children's Intensive Services, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!