Chaplain Services Coordinator
Company: Confluence Health
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Salary Range$28.77 - $45.93 OverviewLocated in the heart of
Washington, we enjoy open skies, snow-capped mountains, and the
lakes and rivers of the high desert. We are the proud home of
orchards, farms, and small communities. Confluence Health actively
supports the communities we serve and their quality of life through
our community support program and through our individual efforts as
involved community members.Employees of Confluence Health receive a
wide range of benefits in addition to compensation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Saving Accounts
- CH Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Gym Membership Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Shift DifferentialFor more information on our Benefits & Perks,
click SummaryPlans, organizes, directs and monitors all spiritual
activities at Central Washington Hospital. Works collaboratively
with all health care providers, addressing the spiritual needs of
patients and their families. Portrays an image, both within the
work environment and the community-at-large, consistent with the
behavioral expectations of Central Washington Hospital and with his
or her theological beliefs and practices. Provides for staff
consultation (e.g. counseling, inservice training, etc.)Position
Reports To: VP Sr Inpatient & CNO Essential Functions
- Has advanced knowledge and ability to communicate effectively
to all customers in the organization by listening, personal
attentiveness, courtesy, responsiveness and reliability in all
- Has intermediate knowledge and ability to minister within a
wide spectrum of religious faiths and traditions imparting support
and facilitation of spiritual needs.
- Has basic knowledge and ability to apply effective leadership
principles demonstrated by:
- Interviewing and selecting chaplain volunteers;
- Coordinating and supervising chaplain volunteers; and
- Facilitating constructive resolution of conflict and
- Basic knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Has advanced knowledge, skill and ability in the principles of
critical thinking which is demonstrated by:
- Ability to plan utilizing proactive behavior by anticipating
problems and identifying opportunities for
- Consulting, seeking input or feedback from other departments in
- Work closely with health care team members in the delivery of a
comprehensive health care plan.
- Perform extensive patient visitation within the hospital.
Facilitate spiritual counseling for Hospice and hemodialysis
- Respond to staff referrals in a timely fashion.
- Document all pastoral visits providing a concise summation of
- Maintain an on-call system which provides the hospital with 24
hour pastoral care coverage.
- Serve as an active member of the Hospice and Dialysis
- Available to attend patient care conferences.
- Serve as an active member of the Ethics Committee.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer Chaplain Assistants who
provide patient visitation.
- Plan and facilitate monthly training sessions for volunteer
- Maintain an active network of relationships with local clergy
to support the pastoral care of patients and family members. Upon
request of patient or family, notifies clergy of the patient's
presence in the hospital.
- Provide educational programs to local churches and community
- Provide weekly worship services for the Transitional Care
- Conduct worship services for patients and/or family as
- Conduct funeral/memorial services for families of patients as
- Conduct services for staff to memorialize patients and other
staff members as requested.
- Participate on special task teams.
- Collaborate with managers to be a resource person to
departments and units.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Address patients, visitors, families, and co-workers in a
pleasant and respectful manner. Display courtesy at all times.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to all inquiries and
- Assist co-workers without being asked.
- Display an unhurried and caring manner with visitors, families
and co-workers when performing duties.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient, hospital or physician
information. Refrain from gossip and speak in low tones in all
- Demonstrate a pleasing disposition and sensitivity to
visitors', families' and co-workers' needs.
- Perform related assignments as requested in order to promote
positive visitor, family and co-worker relations.
- Communicate, cooperate and perform related duties with other
co-workers in your department and in other departments in a
courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall hospital goals
- Greet all visitors, families, co-workers, patients, and
physicians in a courteous, respectful and professional manner at
all times. Respond to all visitors, clients, families and
co-workers with empathy and positive interpersonal skills at all
- Handle all requests with a positive attitude at the time the
request is made.
- Assume the responsibility for maintaining healthy interpersonal
relationships with all those working or being care for in the
hospital, outpatient, or home setting.
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing the highest and most
reliable quality service available on a daily basis.
- Strive for positive change in your work area. Cooperate with
team members in a constructive and supportive manner.
- Be responsible for addressing inappropriate or unacceptable
behavior on the part of a co-worker(s) in your department.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and practices.
- Portray an image, both within the work environment and within
the community-at-large, consistent with the behavioral expectation
of Central Washington Hospital and with his/her theological beliefs
- Demonstrate appropriate time and task management skills in
order to meet the responsibilities and expectations of the
position. Demonstrate independent judgment and initiative.
- Maintain professional competency through continuing education
and related training.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the emotional and/or
spiritual needs of patients in varying stages of the life
- Willing to become knowledgeable about medical terminology
related to patient care.
- Maintain endorsement of appropriate ecclesiastical body.
- Attend meetings with local ecclesiastical governing
body.Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of
Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times Position
RequirementsBeing fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is an essential
requirement of working at Confluence Health. Religious and medical
exemptions will be considered upon request. QualificationsRequired:
- Graduate of a seminary accredited by the Association of
- Three (3) years' of experience in parish ministry or in an
institutional chaplaincy position.
- Three (3) units of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Endorsed by the appropriate ecclesiastical body.
- Denominational responsibilities.
- Maintain endorsement of appropriate ecclesiastical body.
- Attend meetings with local ecclesiastical governing body.
- Member of Association of Professional Chaplains.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows
navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and
- Not Specified. Physical/Sensory DemandsO = Occasional,
represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.F =
Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of a 2 hour
workday.C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of
a 2 hour workday.Physical/Sensory Demands For This Position:
- Walking - F
- Sitting/Standing - F
- Reaching: Shoulder Height - O
- Reaching: Above shoulder height - O
- Reaching: Below shoulder height - O
- Climbing - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less - O
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds - O
- Crawling/Kneeling - O
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching - O
- Twisting/Turning - O
- Repetitive Movement - OWorking Conditions:
- Not Specified.Job Classification:
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Hourly/Salary: HourlyPhysical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights - No
- Heat - No
- Cold - No
- Mechanical Hazards - No
- Hazardous Substances - No
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential - Yes
- Lighting - Yes
- Noise - No
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation - No
- Infectious Diseases - Yes
Keywords: Confluence Health, Everett , Chaplain Services Coordinator, Other , Wenatchee, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...