SECTOR PROGRAMS - JTE YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Company: Evergreen Goodwill of Northwest Washington
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Title: Youth Program Assistant About the Position The Youth
Program Assistant is responsible for classroom instruction and
training. Under the direction of the Youth Program Manager, this
role will plan for and deliver youth education classes, administer
examinations, collect and record data as it pertains to student
progress. This role will integrate a holistic, student-centered
approach to instruction and prepare students to become work-ready.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.Other
duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice.
- Implement student curriculum under the supervision of the
Program management team.
- Oversee the classroom environment to support youth and
- Assist the instructor in providing a quality training
- Encourage and support youth participation in the training
- Assist in facilitating and supervising youth program group
meetings, workshops, events, and special projects.
- Assist the instructor in developing lesson plans based on the
- Assist in organizing and supervising field trips, such as
outdoor activities in wilderness settings. As needed, drive youth
to field trips and provide off-site supervision.
- Responsible to support, advance, and contribute to a DEI
- Collaborate with students, staff and managers to purposefully
work to implement student-centered initiatives.
- Attend required meetings, trainings and develop and deliver
- Demonstrates safe work practices through awareness and
observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential
hazards or accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Position Requirements To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- Must have valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Must have clean driving record and ability to pass a
pre-employment drug test
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred.Computer/Technology
- Experience with web-based applications (Google Workspace),
video conferencing, social media platforms, and Microsoft
- Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the
job. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will be required sit for long periods of time, communicate
with other employees by talking and hearing and to operate computer
systems. Able to safely lift/push/pull up to 25 lbs., grasp,
handle, finger and manipulate items; perform repetitive fine motor
functions with fingers, wrists, and arms, standing for long periods
of time. Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Able to
communicate with others effectively both verbally and written,
including those who have limited English skills. Maintain reliable
attendance.Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
- Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding,
- Problem Solving
- Internal/external customer service skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Multi-tasking Work Environment:Office/classroom environment;
the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must
have reliable transportation, as this position requires travel to
offsite meetings and events. Able to work a flexible schedule that
may include occasional nights and weekends.
Keywords: Evergreen Goodwill of Northwest Washington, Everett , SECTOR PROGRAMS - JTE YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...