Inspector Assembly and Installation B - 51406
Posted on: January 21, 2023
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an exciting opportunity for an
Inspector Assembly & Installation B to join our team in Everett and
An inspector in this position performs sub assembly/final assembly
inspection for workmanship, fit, alignment and conformance with
applicable drawings, specifications, quality standards and
- Inspector witnesses processes and performs shakedown
inspections of completed sub-assemblies/final assemblies or major
- Inspectors check the work instruction for the next job or in
process inspection and obtain the applicable drawings,
specifications and any other necessary documents.
- Review work instructions for completeness.
- Perform in-process inspections and audit manufacturing
processes (e.g., hole check, torque, seal squeeze out, cold work,
electrical bonding and finishes) as required.
- Review the completed job and inspect workmanship, dimensions
and locations (e.g., hole size and fasteners) and ensure all
parts/assemblies have been installed per the current drawings,
specifications and planning requirements.
- Inspect electrical assemblies (e.g., installation, crimping,
termination and routing), as required.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types, to inspect
parts/assemblies, as required.
- Identify and document discrepancies and report to shop as
- Reject assembly or installation, as required.
- Note discrepant condition(s) and location(s) and what the
correct configuration of the assembly or installation should be,
citing drawing, specification, or plan requirements.
- Process quality records per appropriate procedures to maintain
accountability, acceptance, and status.
- Initiate re-inspection to investigate whether rejectable
conditions exist on other airplanes and/or parts/assemblies, as
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.
- Assist other employees with functions, methods and procedures
by passing on information and answering questions.
- Contact team leader/supervisor when assistance is needed.
- Consult with management and/or others (e.g., production,
engineering, planning or customer coordinator) on process or job
related issues as required.
- Work with others as part of a team including giving and
receiving feedback, assisting others in completion of tasks,
provide on-the-job-training to others. This position is expected to
be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work
onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
"US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have experience as a Quality Inspector
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8
hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per
day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per
day; squat and kneel
- Must be able to complete Fall Protection Training
- Must be able to use a respirator or have been respirator
certified Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sealing experience preferred Typical Education:
High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for variable shift.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
- This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
agreement. Summary pay range: $21.00 - $44.08
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will
attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total
Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an
opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally
including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health
savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability
insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both
paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee
may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic
location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline
only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Everett , Inspector Assembly and Installation B - 51406, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!