Inspector Integral Fuel Cells A - 59007
Posted on: January 21, 2023
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an exciting opportunity foran
Inspector Integral Fuel Cells A to join one of our teams in the
Puget Sound region!
Inspectors in this position perform in-process, end item and
shakedown inspections of integral fuel cell structure, sealant,
paint application, and pressure test for conformance with
applicable drawings, specifications, and plan and customer
- Position will require working in confined spaces of the wing
- Employees crawl through an opening 10 inches X 18 inches in
order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings and other
documents are being used.
- Review and verify manufacturing plans and other work
instructions for completeness.
- Ensure all parts/assemblies have been installed per the
drawing, specification and plan using applicable mathematical
calculations and precision measuring tools.
- Inspect electrical and plumbing assemblies.
- Verify sealants, primers and finishes are applied per drawing
and specifications and parts/assemblies have been properly cleaned
(interior and exterior).
- Witness and document functional tests (e.g., pneumatic pressure
test, vacuum test) of aircraft components and/or systems per
specifications, engineering requirements and operating procedures
to detect location and extent of any leaks.
- Verify fuel tank sealant repair after initial fueling of
aircraft by assisting flight line personnel.
- Identify and document discrepancies as necessary.
- Note discrepant condition(s) and location(s) citing drawing,
specification, or plan requirements.
- Process QA records per appropriate procedures to maintain
- Indicate QA acceptance on the appropriate work instructions per
appropriate procedures and policies.
- Verify record and reinspect removals/reinstallation of parts
and assemblies and or installations.
- Audit time/temperature sensitive materials (e.g., sealants,
primers, finishes) and ensure correct material is being used per
drawing and specification.
- Perform appropriate tests on sealants and finishes (e.g.,
litmus tests, durometer hardness) per specifications and
- Maintain personal and tool certifications.
- Work with customers and consult others (e.g., production,
engineering, planning, customer coordinator) on process or job
related issues. This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The
selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the
listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
"US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have experience as a Quality Inspector
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8
hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per
day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per
day; squat and kneel
- Must be able to complete Fall Protection Training
- Must be capable of working in confined spaces and fit through a
10 inches X 18 inches oval opening
- Must be able to use a respirator or have been respirator
certified Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sealing experience preferred Typical Education:
High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position is located in a location that does not offer
relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate
at their own expense.
This position is for variable shifts.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
- This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
agreement. Summary pay range: $ 22.00 - $45.30
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will
attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total
Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an
opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally
including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health
savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability
insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both
paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee
may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic
location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline
only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Everett , Inspector Integral Fuel Cells A - 59007, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!