Integral Fuel Cell Sealer A - 59106
Posted on: January 21, 2023
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
The Boeing Company is seeking Integral Fuel Cell Sealers ( In-Tank
Aircraft Sealers) to join our teams supporting Boeing Commercial
Airplanes in either our Renton or Everett locations in
WashingtonState! This is an exciting opportunity that completes one
of the most critical processes essential to aircraft performance
As an In-Tank Sealer you will work within a final assembly
environment by drawing on knowledge acquired from training and
certification classes to complete your daily assigned work. By
interpreting drawings and reading/comprehending work instructions
you will be responsible for identifying your work (task) location
on the airplane/part/tooling and identifying all required hand
tools, proper sealant and equipment to accomplish defect-free
- Use a computer in a production environment.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings
- Clean, seal, close and test integral fuel tanks on aircraft.
They may also seal exterior wing surfaces on wings and perform
- Position will require working in confined spaces of the wing
fuel cells. Employees crawl through an opening 18.00" X 10.00" in
order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Appropriate protective clothing/equipment determined by the
task you are performing.
- Install necessary ventilation equipment as required to supply
fresh air in confined space work cavity.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g. ladders,
scissors lifts and snorkel lifts).
- Chemical solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives,
paints and special finishes.
- Once your work is completed per testing requirement you will
inspect your work for quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object
- Finger manipulation (keyboarding, other).
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or
- Working around energized sources (electrical equipment and
hazards/shock, e.g. circuit breakers and wiring).
- Finger manipulation through typing.
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs) working around fumes and with chemicals,
exposure to constant noise and inside a confined space.
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs) flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent
back), handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching
(overhead), rotation of head/neck, standing, twisting at the waist,
laying down (back, side, front), walking.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10-35 pounds.
- Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding,
inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting). This position
is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be
required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
"US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be willing to work in confined spaces of the wing fuel
cells. The position requires crawling through an opening 18.00" X
10.00" in order to get inside the fuel cell. Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of reading blueprints and structural drawings
- 1+ years of performing aircraft sealing statement of work
- Previous experience working in confined spaces
- Previously enrolled in Boeing partnered manufacturing related
high school or community and technology college academic program
Typical Education & Experience
High School Diploma and/or General Education Diploma (GED)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this
position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at
their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Union Representation Statement
This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
Other Relevant Information & Requirements
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must
submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the
eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
This position is for 2nd shift
Summary pay range: $21.00 - $44.0
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will
attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total
Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an
opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally
including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health
savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability
insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both
paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee
may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic
location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective
Please note that the salary information shown is a general
guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Everett , Integral Fuel Cell Sealer A - 59106, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!