Security Services Training & Exercise Coordinator
Company: Community Transit
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Security Services Training & Exercise Coordinator
2 days ago(1/13/2023 1:28 PM)
Under the general guidance of the Assistant Manager of Security
Services, the Security Services Training & Exercise Coordinator has
the responsibility for the management of the Transit Security
Officer (TSO) training program, and agency-wide security training
and exercise programs. They will also plan and implement other
security and emergency management projects and programs as
Security Uniform & Equipment: Independently manages the security
officer uniform and equipment programs. Develops and implements
process for the management and tracking of the program, ensuring
all requirements are met. Helps develop vendor contracts and works
with vendor(s) to ensure the timely procurement and delivery of
uniforms and equipment. Reconciles invoices. Reviews processes for
inefficiencies, makes recommendations/improvements and implements
as applicable. Manages existing vendor contracts, oversees
contractors, ensures vendor compliance, and manages funds
associated with those accounts.
- Transit Security Officer Training Management: Independently
manages the Transit Security Officer (TSO) Training Program and
Security Operations Center (SOC) Training Program. Coordinates,
prepares, processes and tracks functions of the TSO Training
Program including identifying training opportunities, writing and
delivering training curriculum, tracking training attendance,
tracking Field Training Officer (FTO) program participation,
scheduling training with vendors, tracking training in Learning
Management System (LMS), establishing Standard Operating Procedures
(SOP)'s, and ensuring all training meets legal requirements, agency
policies, and complies with industry standards in security. Reviews
processes for inefficiencies, makes recommendations/improvements
and implements as applicable.
- Agency-Wide Security Training Coordination: Independently
manages the agency-wide Security Training Program. Coordinates,
prepares, processes and tracks functions of the security awareness
and response training including identifying training opportunities,
writing and delivering training curriculum, tracking training
attendance, scheduling training with vendors, tracking training in
Learning Management System (LMS), establishing Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP)'s, and ensuring all training meets legal
requirements, agency policies, and complies with industry standards
in security. Reviews processes for inefficiencies, makes
recommendations/improvements and implements as applicable. Serves
as one of the agency's subject matter experts (SME) for security
training. Represents the agency with regional security and law
enforcement partners and develops and maintains collaborative
relationships. Assists with Emergency Management training as
- Program & Project Management: Independently manages various
other programs and projects in the Security & Emergency Management
Division, as assigned. Gathers and assesses information, reviews,
records, interprets and communicates relevant information. Tracks
reporting for accuracy and appropriateness of data and involves
others as needed.
- Policy & Procedure: Recommends development of and revisions to
division policies and procedures; works with other staff to
continually update department documents, processes, and rules, as
needed. Utilizes information gathered from various senior staff
members and compiles into usable documentation for review. Makes
recommendations as to content.
- Project Research: Conducts project research to determine
industry standards, legal requirements, best practices, and
regulatory requirements and recommends actions to improve
project/program performance and compliance. Discusses and resolves
issues related to program and project requirements, schedule,
budget, or documentation. Provides recommendations regarding
impacts resulting from program decisions.
- Vendor Management: Manages the performance and relationship
with professional vendors. Provides day-to-day oversight and
coordinates delivery of law enforcement services and security
services provided by assigned contractors. Ensures service level
agreement targets are met. Assists in developing contracts,
amendments, and inter-local agreements.
- Security Exercises: Oversees development and implementation of
security exercises. Tracks implementation of related Improvement
Plans (IP). Plans, develops, manages and delivers exercises in all
aspects of the Office of Physical Security Services. Assists with
Emergency Management exercises as needed. Ensure exercises comply
with federal exercise standards and best practices.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Four years progressively responsible experience in security,
law enforcement or closely related field.
- Four years' experience in serving as a security or law
enforcement Field Training Officer (FTO) or similar position.
- Two or more years of providing one-on-one, classroom-based, and
scenario-based teaching in a law enforcement or security
- Two or more years of experience teaching de-escalation
techniques in a law enforcement or security setting
- One year of demonstrated experience working on projects.
- Associates Degree or at least two years of specialized training
in teaching or curriculum design.
- Valid Washington State driver's license.
- Ability to successfully pass comprehensive background
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance for access to the
Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) and Washington State
Fusion Center (WSFC) within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain fingerprint clearance from the
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office, including FBI fingerprint
screening, within 30 days of hire. An equivalent combination of
education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the
essential duties of the job listed above may be considered.
- Four or more years of providing one-on-one, classroom-based,
and scenario-based teaching in a law enforcement or security
- Four or more years of experience teaching de-escalation
techniques in a law enforcement or security setting
- Experience working with diverse populations which may include
people experiencing homelessness and other forms of trauma while
possessing high levels of empathy.
- Previous experience in law enforcement or security officer
training and development.
- Public transit, public agency, or regulated private industry
- Completion of FEMA or equivalent ICS 100, 200 & IS 700 and 800
- Seven years of experience responding to, de-escalating,
investigating, and maintaining records of emergencies or security
- Experience in project management, including developing project
plans, maintaining timelines and budgets, overseeing project
- Training and/or experience in conducting exercises to shape
planning, assess and validate capabilities, and address areas for
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in law, risk management,
criminal justice, emergency management, business management, or
closely related field will count for 2 years of experience in
security, law enforcement. Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and
Skills Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of
- Office practices and procedures
- Fundamentals of adult learning.
- Broad understanding of the characteristics, services, and
activities of general security functions.
- Business/industry principles and practices for the area of
- General understanding of Alarm Systems (intrusion and duress),
Barrier Systems (Fencing, Pedestrian, and Vehicle), and
Communication Systems (Emergency Assist Stations and Mass
- Developing and writing tasks, procedures, and policies.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment, including
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Project planning, coordinating, and scheduling.
- Supervising staff to include prioritizing and assigning work;
conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; and
making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Applying an intentional focus on equity and inclusion to
support an equitable and inclusive environment for customers,
employees, contractors, and regional partners.
- Applying advanced principles and practices of security response
and investigations. Understanding technical industry concepts as
they apply to security.
- Exhibiting a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
with demonstrated ability to maintain confidential
- Serving as an effective member of teams and working groups that
can successfully communicate physical security related concepts to
a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Communicate in English verbally and in writing, clearly,
equitably, and diplomatically with employees, contractors and the
public while enforcing rules, often under very stressful
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining
effective working relationships with employees, contractors, and
regional partners. Communicates Successfully using Language that is
culturally appropriate and promotes inclusion.
- Using trending and analysis techniques to make informed
- Conducting investigations, creating investigative reports, and
maintaining investigative files.
- Paying extreme close attention to details in maintaining
security systems and performing investigative work.
- Managing multiple tasks, setting objectives/goals, and
re-prioritizing as needed.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
(Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Drafting, formatting, and/or composing correspondence and
reports. Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and
Skills Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position's
duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or
further developed after entering the job:
- Knowledge of current and future trends in transit security and
emergency management. Qualification to fulfill the full range of
this position's duties requires the following skills, which may be
gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Lenel OnGuard System Administration
- Lenel OnGuard Alarm Monitoring
- Avigilon Control Center Administrator Physical
RequirementsClimbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching,
standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping,
feeling, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive
motions. Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Application and
- Only on-line applications accepted.
- Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up
to six months after the date this position is filled.
- Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled
for an interview as well as a variety of tests to demonstrate
knowledge, and skills for the position. The evaluation process may
include interviews, background check, reference checks and various
performance tests. Employee Benefits: Employees (and their
families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life and
disability insurance. Employees participate in the Public Employees
Retirement System (PERS) and have the option to enroll in the
agency's deferred compensation plan. In addition to WA Paid Sick
Leave, employees in this position, accrue of 24 days of Paid Time
off (192 hours) in their first year and nine (9) paid holidays
throughout the calendar year. Full list of all benefits and details
can be found here. Effective January 1, 2022, all new employees
must provide proof of fully vaccinated status on or before their
first workday. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks
after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a
single-dose vaccine. If you have a family member, or share the same
living quarters of a current Community Transit employee, please let
your Human Resources Recruiter know as your eligibility for this
position will be affected.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work
environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate
on an basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and
encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Community Transit, Everett , Security Services Training & Exercise Coordinator, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!