Company: Community Health Center of Snohomish County
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Security Officer will be responsible for traveling between
all Community Health Center of Snohomish County sites each day
driving a company owned vehicle to provide a safe and secure
environment for the patients, visitors, staff and property
locations. In addition, the Security Officer will be responsible
for delivering interoffice mail per the established schedule. Due
to the continuous public contact of the position, the highest level
of customer service skills is essential. The Security Officer
conducts random patrols of clinic facilities and surrounding
property, responds to security codes, investigates security
incidents, and reports safety hazards. The Security Officer
routinely engages in stressful situations and at times may be
required to use physical force to maintain the safety of the
patient care environment. The Security Officer may be required to
run, climb stairs, carry people, or perform other physical acts in
response to emergent situations.
Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in
* Works independently and is self-directed.
* Works effectively in a team environment.
* Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and
* Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced
* Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency
* Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
* Bilingual skills.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Minimum of two (2) years security.
* Healthcare facility security experience.
* Self-defense experience is preferred.
* Healthcare Security Officer basic certification through the
International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety within
the first twelve (12) months of employment.
* Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED).
Certification must be obtained within forty-five (45) days of
* Supervisory and Safety Certifications.
* Certified Protection Officer training.
* Pepper Spray Defense and Handcuff Tactics and/or comparable
* Driver's license with the State of Washington.
* Acceptable driving record, for auto liability coverage through
Community Health Center of Snohomish County.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations
1. Provides safety and security services which includes: patrolling
grounds, parking lots, buildings, securing entryways and exits,
etc. to effectively address potential conduct issues, violations of
policy, check for property damage, inspect safety issues, respond
to all codes, address trespassing concerns and utilizes electronic
2. Provides stand-by service or escort services for protection of
caregivers, patients, and staff as needed.
3. Provides courtesy services such as providing directions,
locksmith functions, jump-starts and reporting vehicles with lights
4. Provides non-violent physical crisis intervention when feasible
and de-escalation techniques to neutralize extreme situations and
mitigate negative outcomes. Provide assistance regarding potential
5. Provides crowd control during events resulting in an influx of
patients and/or visitors.
6. Provides traffic control during times of patient surges, special
events, emergencies, or at the direction of the Safety and Security
Supervisor or Facilities Manager.
7. Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, inspect certain
safety features such as fire extinguishers or other fire
8. Responsible for coordinating information, clarification of
events and coordinating emergency protocols which may require
collaboration with external safety and law enforcement
9. Responds to all emergency situations and applies appropriate
protocols for all code situations.
10. Assists the Emergency Preparedness Team with the planning,
conducting, and evaluating of designated drills and exercises.
11. Responsible for adhering to reporting protocols.
12. Responsible for delivery of Inter-office mail and supply
distribution between sites per established schedule.
13. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job
functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package
designed to address health, time off, retirement and
career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $2.00/hour
weekend differential for working hours on Saturday and/or Sunday
and an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our
website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or
submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.84 - $27.31 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: Community Health Center of Snohomish County, Everett , Security Officer, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!