Integral Fuel Cell Sealer A
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Company is seeking
In-Tank Aircraft Sealers to join our teams supporting Boeing
Commercial Airplanes in either our Renton or Everett locations in
Washington State! This is an exciting opportunity that completes
one of the most critical processes essential to aircraft
performance and function.As an In-Tank Sealer you will work within
a final assembly environment by drawing on knowledge acquired from
training and certification classes to complete your daily assigned
work. By interpreting drawings and reading/comprehending work
instructions you will be responsible for identifying your work
(task) location on the airplane/part/tooling and identifying all
required hand tools, proper sealant and equipment to accomplish
defect-free work. Position Responsibilities
- Use a computer in a production environment.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings
- Clean, seal, close and test integral fuel tanks on aircraft.
They may also seal exterior wing surfaces on wings and perform
- Position will require working in confined spaces of the wing
fuel cells. Employees crawl through an opening 17.75" X 10.00" in
order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Appropriate protective clothing/equipment determined by the
task you are performing.
- Install necessary ventilation equipment as required to supply
fresh air in confined space work cavity.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g. ladders,
scissors lifts and snorkel lifts).
- Chemical solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives,
paints and special finishes.
- Once your work is completed per testing requirement you will
inspect your work for quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object
- Finger manipulation (keyboarding, other).
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or documents.
- Working around energized sources (electrical equipment and
hazards/shock, e.g. circuit breakers and wiring).
- Finger manipulation through typing.
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs) working around fumes and with chemicals,
exposure to constant noise and inside a confined space.
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs) flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent
back), handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching
(overhead), rotation of head/neck, standing, twisting at the waist,
laying down (back, side, front), walking.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10-35 pounds.
- Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding,
inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting).The position
must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US
Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. "US Person"
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or
asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be willing to work in confined spaces of the wing fuel
cells. The position requires crawling through an opening 17.75" X
10.00" in order to get inside the fuel cell.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of reading blueprints and structural drawings.
- 1+ years of performing aircraft sealing statement of work
- Previous experience working in confined spaces
- Previously enrolled in Boeing partnered manufacturing related
high school or community and technology college academic
programRelocationRelocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit
for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or
relocate at their own expense.Drug Free Workplace Boeing is a Drug
Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
policies.Union Representation StatementThis is an hourly position
governed by the International Association of Machinists (IAM-751)
Collective Bargaining agreement.Specific Union Statement for
ERTCurrent Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
considered.Shift Work StatementThis position is for 2nd shift.Equal
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Everett , Integral Fuel Cell Sealer A, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!