Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist
Company: Compass Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Accounts Receivable SpecialistEverett, WA
Compass Health is currently looking for an Accounts Receivable (AR)
What you will be performingThe Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist
is a key member of the Compass AR and Finance team. This role
provides analysis of AR balances, performs contract reimbursement
analysis and client refunds, handles denied claim investigations,
provides resolution for third party accounts, and maintains billing
tables. This role also requires understanding of provider Revenue
Cycle, expertise in mental health billing and knowledge of
insurance / benefit information, and expertise to be able to
provide billing / Revenue Cycle assistance to Compass Health
providers and staff.
- Prepare and submit claims for third party payers in the form of
electronic 837I and 837P data sets.
- Research outstanding / pending / aged claims in claim
clearinghouses, electronic medical record (EMR) / denial management
system to resolve claim issues and secure payer reimbursement.
- Post payments and applies contractual adjustments to client
accounts manually and electronically (835 remits).
- Perform complex account reconciliation to achieve $0 balance
resolution (service changes, 835 remit responses, posted payments,
- Utilize electronic eligibility / insurance verification /
benefit validation tools to confirm accurate client insurance
coverage information and documents this information in Compass
practice management (PM) / EMR system.
- Prepare and review self pay balances for client statement
billing, resolve past due client accounts and send accounts to
collection (when applicable).
- Prepare and submit claims, explanations of payment (EOP) and
cost reimbursement-based invoices for contract providers and
contract / grant payers.
- Set up and maintain client financial information (coverage
plans, sliding fee, payment plans, etc.) in PM / EMR.
- Assist AR Manager and AR Director with special projects related
to aged claim research, system data table maintenance, month end
financial close processes.
What you will be carrying along
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, AA or BA Degree in
Accounting or a related field preferred.
- Any combination of accounting education and relevant provider
billing / accounts receivable / revenue cycle experience totaling 5
years that provides a solid knowledge base.
- Experience utilizing a electronic medical billing system
(within EMR), accounting software and other revenue cycle-related
- Understanding of managed care organizations (MCOs), Medicaid,
Medicare and commercial payers, and experience working with payers
to resolve claim issues.
- Experience working with EMR / revenue cycle application vendors
- Experience working in a social service environment
What you will be sharing
- Ability to understand, work with, and implement basic
- Understanding of the provider revenue cycle and how this
relates to other departments and roles within Compass Health.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to
professionally and effectively collaborate with all levels of the
- Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability to also
work cooperatively with others as a productive team member.
- Ability to work calmly, effectively, and prioritize assignments
in a fast-paced, high production, and high-pressure
What we will be offeringAs the region's largest non-profit
community behavioral healthcare organization, we have been serving
our clients and our communities for over 110 years. Our commitment
to care doesn't stop with our clients though, as we take pride in
offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that
promotes learning, growth, and advancement as well as a focus on
employee satisfaction and work/life balance.(benefits pro-rated for
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to full-time
- 16 days of vacation the first year
- 12 sick days including an additional wellness day
- 13 paid holidays - 11 traditional holidays, plus 2 you
- $300 in professional funds per year
- Up to 5 days paid education leave
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 2% company match after the
- And much, much more!!!
The organization you will be joiningCompass Health is the region's
largest private, non-profit organization providing mental health
and chemical dependency services in Island, San Juan, Skagit,
Snohomish, and Whatcom counties of Western Washington. We provide
quality creative services to children, families, and adults in a
variety of outpatient, residential, and inpatient settings. We have
been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years,
though our commitment to care doesn't stop with our clients as we
take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a
culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We
maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance,
which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs.
Please visit our website for more information:
www.compasshealth.org.Compass Health promotes equal treatment and
equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees
regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion,
age, marital status, sexual minority status, sexual orientation,
veteran status, or disability unless based on a bona fide
occupational qualificationGovernor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2
requires employees of healthcare institutions to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption
is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at
least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19
vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired
employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19
vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
POSITION SUMMARYJob Title: AR Specialist
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Wage: $22.87-$30.14/hr DOE
Keywords: Compass Health, Everett , Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!