Property Field Claims Adjuster (Remote) (Everett/Lynnwood, WA) Position eligible for Sign On Bonus
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: May 10, 2022
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc. we believe
people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers'
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.Job ID:R26740 Property Field Claims
Adjuster (Remote) (Everett/Lynnwood, WA) Position eligible for Sign
On Bonus (Open)Compensation may vary based on the job level and
your geographic work location.Compensation
Minimum:52300Compensation Maximum:83800Summary:Job Family
Investigates and maintains property/casualty claims. Determines
liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges
appraisals, and settles claims. May work in the field or central
The Claim Adjuster position supports the Claim Division goal of
ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners with
agency to deliver seamless claim service. An experienced adjuster
who can work on moderately complex claims. May specialize in
liability, property or catastrophe claims and may be assigned to
either a desk or field adjusting team.
Job Description:Job Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline
and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and
- Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.Primary
- Investigates origin and cause of claims by contacting the
appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents,
attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other
adjusters, public personnel, etc..
- Identifies complex issues and seeks assistance as needed.
Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple
policies types and numerous endorsements.
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages,
and handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses.
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status
as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
- Catastrophe specific roles requires travel up to 75% if the
time .Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims staff adjuster
licensing as required.Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line
claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements
related to casualty coverages.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim
handling process.Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between
1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision
(clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time
(applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
between 1 and 33% of the time.Working Conditions
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious
places between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to
outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies
to field position only).Additional Job Information:Applicants may
be eligible for sign on bonus - based on skill level and discretion
of hiring manager.#LI-remote #remotejob #workfromhomeWhen you work
at American Family Insurance Claims Services you can expect
benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial
wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental,
vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your
health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension
plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families. Interns
and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Everett , Property Field Claims Adjuster (Remote) (Everett/Lynnwood, WA) Position eligible for Sign On Bonus, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!