Medical Assistant Certified, Heart and Vascular Department
Posted on: July 19, 2021
The Heart and Vascular department is seeking a Medical
Assistant Certified to join their team full time located in
The Medical Assistant Certified functions as an integral
member of the team healthcare team and is responsible for
working with all members of the departmental health care team
providing assistance to patients, and nursing staff with direct and
indirect patient care, ensuring smooth work and patient flow within
the department. May work on an On-Call basis to cover
for absences on the weekend.
The Medical Assistant Certified is responsible for and
not limited to:
- Face to face, telephone or electronic contact with patients for
the purpose of examination, treatment, monitoring, and preparation
for diagnostic tests or procedure.
- Notifying the RN/provider immediately in situations where the
patient is unstable or requires urgent or emergent care.
- Assisting with care under the direct supervision of the
- The MA-C functions as an integral member of the healthcare
- Ensures exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned before next patient
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary
- Prepares, and maintains clinical and office supplies and
equipment for treatments, including sterilization and restocking of
exam and treatment rooms.
- Pre visit paperwork ensuring medical record has all information
needed for the visit including (but not limited to): hospital
notes, immunization records, consents, test results, disease
- Prepares instruments to be sent to Kemp CS for cleaning and
sterilization. Or where appropriate, cleans and sterilizes
equipment and instruments in department.
- Disposes of biohazard materials appropriately.
- Escorts patients from waiting area to exam room; communicates
information regarding any extended wait or delay in appointment
- Prepares patient for examination.
Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Knowledge: Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and
treatment room procedures. Knowledge of and the ability to
use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient
care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
- Skill: Assisting in a variety of treatments and
(medications, if credentialed to do so) as directed. Skill in
taking vital signs. Skill in maintaining records and
recording test results. Skill in establishing and maintaining
effective working relationships with patients, employees,
physicians and the public.
- Ability: Maintain quality control standards.
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines
and procedures. Typing skills needed if backing up
reception. Ability to communicate clearly.
- Education: High School diploma or
equivalent. Successful completion of a state approved
accredited Medical Assistant program, required. .
- Experience: One year related experience
Schedule: 32 hours per week. Days and shifts are TBD.
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using an
approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day,
in order to keep our work sites safe.
Employees must comply with any state and local masking
orders. In addition, when in a worksite building, employees are
expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot
Interested in learning more? Let’s talk about our
MA-C opportunities and your Career growth!
Keywords: Optum, Everett , Medical Assistant Certified, Heart and Vascular Department, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!