Company: Guest Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and
peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin's picturesque
lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical
We are now hiring for Summer 2021! Positions typically last from
May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North
Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on
the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park.
Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population
swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from
Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often
through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest
Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in
Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will
love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily
transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing
- 50% discount on all meals
- $300 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of
employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing,
cooking, and serving food.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus,
and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and
work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist,
temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances,
based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them
immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to
assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and
communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent
movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry,
reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or
otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35
lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator
walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to
understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability
to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and
co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with
other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
Keywords: Guest Services, Inc., Everett , Cook, Other , Stehekin, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!