Company: YRC Worldwide
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Yard Hosters will be responsible for moving trailers on terminal
premises, hook and unhook trailers, connect air hoses and
electrical lines, fuel equipment, conduct visual inspections, and
install and remove tire chains from trailers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all company policies local work and safety rules,
and federal, state, and local regulations that govern the
- Climb in and out of tractors and trailers, and move trailers on
the terminal premises or on a public thoroughfare. Hook and unhook
- Drop and hook trailer(s) and change the configuration of
equipment as necessary.
- Connect air hoses and electrical lines, install and remove tire
chains, and manually crank dolly wheels.
- Perform visual inspections of equipment as required by
supervisors. Conduct minor repairs of commercial motor vehicles
when instructed to perform such services at the direction of
- Fuel equipment and perform safety inspections on the
- Lift and move freight as necessary to assist dockworkers.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer
service and professionalism within the company and the
- Must be age 18 or older.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in English. Must be
able to carry out both written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to follow posted safety rules and safe operating
procedures to insure proper techniques, such as lifting, are
performed in the manner as which is described.
- Must be able to work various shifts and days of the week.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: YRC Worldwide, Everett , Hostler/Switcher, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!