Sound Community Bank is looking for a proven leader in banking
operations to join our team!
We are a great place to work!
At Sound Community Bank, we pride ourselves on taking as good
care of our employees as we do our customers. We're about more than
just the bottom line; we maintain a solid reputation as a quality
We operate on the basis of teamwork, with all employees working
toward the common goal of quality customer service. We strive to
provide effective benefits and programs that allow employees to
participate in the success of the bank. We are committed to
becoming a learning organization, so that our employees can develop
and enhance their skills with the understanding that employees will
also accept responsibility for personal development.
We are a company that:
- Values you as a person
- Offers strong medical and dental benefits
- Has generous incentive programs
- Rewards creative thinking
- Pays competitive salaries
We are interested in hiring top candidates who believe in
quality customer service and will take responsibility for their own
career path. If this is a work environment that appeals to you,
please consider a job opportunity with our company.
Sound Community Bank is committed to providing a safe, warm, and
welcoming place for all.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) is important to us
here at Sound Community Bank. For us, diversity means recognizing,
respecting and valuing differences based on ethnicity, gender,
color, age, race, religion, disability, national origin, and sexual
orientation and identity. Beyond that, it also includes an infinite
range of individual unique characteristics and experiences, such as
communication style, career path, life experience, educational
background, income level, marital status, military experience,
parental status and other variables that influence personal
perspectives. These life experiences and personal perspectives make
us react and think differently, approach challenges and solve
problems differently, make suggestions and decisions differently,
and see different opportunities. Diversity, then, is also about
diversity of thought. The Bank's goal is to create and sustain an
actively inclusive community and culture to promote a welcoming and
enriching environment for all.
Sound Community Bank Corporate Values
Our employees are our most important asset.
- We act with integrity
- We treat everyone with respect
- We invest in our employees
- We operate with flexibility and fun
- We provide superior service
- We achieve a fair return for all stakeholders
- We use bank resources wisely
- We focus on the achievement of company goals and
- We strive for constant improvement
Community is our heart.
- We serve the needs of our communities
- We make financial contributions
- We volunteer
- We encourage participation
Access and sustainability are critical.
- We make things easy
- We promote and foster sustainability through
- Financial Stewardship
- Excellence in the Workplace
- Environmental Consciousness
- Community Support
The Senior Director Banking Operations provides organizational
leadership to the Branch Operations, Branch Support, Back Office
Operations and Loan Servicing teams. Reporting to the Chief
Operations Officer, the Senior Director Banking Operations is
responsible for defining, leading, and implementing initiatives to
support the Bank's strategic plan, focusing on the integration of
technology to provide superior support and service to clients and
Bachelor's degree in general business or finance degree;
advanced degree, or Banking School preferred; 7-10 years' community
bank experience in Bank Operations and Retail Operations. Skill
competencies required include, but not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of bank operational functions, systems,
procedures, various products and/or service.
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to
influence and execute strategic plans
- Must have experience, proven ability, and a sense of urgency to
identify and implement automation through technology, that results
in efficiencies and/or measurable cost savings
- Must have experience and desire to identify "best practices",
create/improve procedures, policies and practices for the
betterment of the Bank.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and relationship skills,
including employee mentoring and development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and
form depending on the audience
- Practices discretion, discernment, tact and subtly in handling
highly confidential information.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time-management
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook,
PowerPoint, and Teams
- Must have valid driver's license and access to an insured
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must have an overall understanding of Bank operations and
regulatory compliance, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
The Senior Director Banking Operations reports to the Chief
Operations Officer. The position has the VP Branch Support, VP Loan
Servicing, and Branch Operations Managers as direct reports. The
position also requires participation on assigned committees.
The Senior Banking Director establishes and maintains
relationships with industry influencers and key strategic
Responsibility #1 Management of Support and Service
- Ensures the vision, mission, and objectives of the Strategic
Plan are understood by the Support and Service teams to inspire
accomplishment of goals.
- Mentors and develops Support and Service teams including
conducting regular check-ins, developing team and individual
performance goals, assigning and monitoring accountabilities, and
- Serves as a point of escalation for issue resolution.
- In conjunction with direct reports, confirms the Support and
Service team responsibilities and functions are performed
consistently, efficiently, effectively, and accurately. Also
ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations, and
internal company policies including but not limited to
BSA/Anti-Money Laundering, Compliance Regulations, and
- Prepares, reviews, and verifies Department reporting for
operational metrics and objectives status for management use.
- Fosters an environment of compassionate accountability within
Support and Service team.
Responsibility #2 Communication, Collaboration, and Project
- Works collaboratively with management, as well as a variety of
internal stakeholders, to ensure the Support and Service teams
effectively support their needs and enables them to meet the growth
objectives of our organization.
- Proactively identifies and evaluates banking automation
opportunities, trends, and strategies to streamline processes and
enhance operations efficiencies. Leads or participates in a variety
of projects designed to improve functions and processes.
- Builds trust and strong relationships through consistent
Managers are responsible for oversight of their department
functions and direct reports. Equally important is the shared
responsibility and accountability for the execution of bank-wide
initiatives in collaboration with their direct Supervisor. Managers
exhibit strong leadership skills critical to ensuring effective
guidance of their direct and/or indirect reports, adding value and
enhancing the effectiveness and success of the entire
- Location: This position has the option to be based in the
Seattle/Tacoma area or on the Northern Olympic Peninsula
Sound Community Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law