Position Title: Fuel Station Manager Position Code:
Functional Area: Fuel Station Department: Retail
Division: Prepared by:
Provides superior customer service. Sells products available at
the fuel station in accordance with company
standards regarding merchandise presentation, safety,
sanitation, service and suggestive selling. Assists
customers by ringing up sales and controlling the fuel pumps.
Has limited responsibility for the scheduling and
assignment of duties for other attendants.
- Has limited responsibility for the scheduling and assignment of
duties for other attendants
- Access to a reliable vehicle to perform competitor Price
Surveys (2-twice a day)
- Ability to provide proof of insurance based on division
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, ordering, training,
supervising employees, profits, all
controllable expenses, inventory, cash, and shortages.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in
all customer interactions.
- Responsible for ringing up all merchandise. Receives payment
for customer purchases. Properly
maintains cash drawer, is accountable for all cash, coupons,
checks, and receipts in the drawer.
- Receives and checks in delivered merchandise and places in
appropriate storage area.
- Fills displays and stocks shelves as needed.
- Fills outside towel holders, and replenishes or refreshes
window washer fluid.
- Service, clean and supply public restrooms; refill towel
dispenser & soap dispensers.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors with cleaning
- Gather and empty trash; clean & scrub trash cans and replace
- May clean building floor by sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming
- Adheres to Federal, State, local laws. Adheres to Safeway
policies and store rules.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
High school education preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Safeway Inc. Confidential Page 1 7/10/2013Experience Level:
Valid State Driver's license required
Supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Background:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including building internal and
external relationships and conflict resolution
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures.
Demonstrated customer service skills or related
- Ability to use the cash register. Basic math skills to
calculate prices and make change.
Store Managers, Field Merchandisers, MDOs
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors, and the
Number of Direct Reports:
Select from percentages below: 0 -- 25%
May work in extreme weather conditions
Safeway Inc. Confidential Page 2 7/10/201