If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can
help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then
consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Food Service
Specialist/Housekeeper with a passion for human services. This is
an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused
on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity and
We have full time and part time positions available.
WHO WE ARE
We are a social enterprise that partners with communities to
transform society by honoring the humanity of people, reducing the
impact of discriminatory mass incarceration and empowering people
to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration,
affirmation and by overturning barriers.
For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with
professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized
non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides
a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Food Service/Housekeeper will work at our Co-Occurring and
Opiate Use Disorder programs located in Everett, WA. These programs
provide specialized treatment for men and women. Each program has
16 beds. The Food Services Specialist/Housekeeper is responsible
for handling and serving food to residents in setting. Responsible
for serving food in accordance with federal, state, and local food
handing regulations. The Food Service Specialist/Housekeeper will
ensure residents are living in a clean and safe environment. This
position supports the division goals by maintaining contract
compliance based on building upkeep and sanitation.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Be sensitive, receptive and mature enough to be neither upset
by the residents, nor cause the residents further adjustment
- Valid food handler's card.
- Maintain an attitude toward interactions with residents that is
objective and free from personal bias: one that allows for
perspective and flexibility in observing groups and individual
- Able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Applicant will be able to successfully pass a WSP background
- Strong personal and professional boundaries.
PREFERABLY YOU WILL BRING
- Food Service and/or Housekeeping experience.
- One year acceptable experience in the human services
- Course work, experience, or training in human development,
chemical dependency, group dynamics, residential treatment or
related disciplines desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and flexible spending
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition
for a bachelor's degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees'
annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match
is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off,
weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of
minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans
and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical
or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law
poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves
the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all
employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana
and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana