Posted on: June 8, 2021
Company Name: Quality Food Centers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional
service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that
encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager
in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department,
and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace
the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver
excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values
of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products
sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the
department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions
- Offer product samples, consistent with company guidelines and
applicable laws, to help customers discover new items or products
- Inform customers of beer, liquor and wine specials.
- Provide customers with products that they have requested.
- Recommend beer, liquor, and wine items to customers to ensure
they get the products they want and need.
- Assist customers with pairing of wine and other items such as
meat, cheeses, desserts etc.
- Collaborate with other departments for wine tastings and other
programs featuring wines.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special
- Order, label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained
and temperature logs are maintained.
- Use all equipment in grocery department such as refrigerators,
chillers, baler, u-boats, compactor, forklift, and pallet jacks
according to company guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures
and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting
equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any
items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity,
including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Current alcohol server permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Knowledge of imported and domestic varieties, the flavor
profiles and how they are made.
- Knowledge of industry trends in specialty wines and beers as
they relate to the consumer.
- Experience working with beer, liquor and wine.
- Retail experience.
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing).
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at QFC: QFC is seeking friendly Associates who are
passionate about helping others and who want to build lasting
relationships with our Customers. We look for hard working team
members who will support us in our mission to put every Customer
first. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and opportunities
for career advancement. If you're interested in joining the QFC
team, we encourage you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half
a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily
through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner
names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated
to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to
creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The
Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages,
flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA || Everett || 2615 Broadway || 98201 ||
Quality Food Centers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store
Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Keywords: Kroger, Everett , Wine Steward, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!