Company: Guest Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and
peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin's picturesque
lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical
We are now hiring for Summer 2021! Positions typically last from
May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North
Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on
the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park.
Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population
swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from
Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often
through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest
Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in
Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will
love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily
transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing
- 50% discount on all meals
- $300 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of
employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Maintenance Specialist assists by performing all aspects of
maintenance and repair work on all mechanical, structural, and
electrical equipment and systems on assigned locations.
- Receive direction from the Maintenance Manager and assist in
the overall maintenance and repair of the assigned unit's
- Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and
equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air
conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues
regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire
alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems as
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate
and reset automatic security systems as appropriate.
- Assist Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate
for the maintenance of units.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including
standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility's equipment.
Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other
safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at
all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when
interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to
assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and
communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent
movements from place to place within the unit or assigned work
location. Bend, lift, carry, crawl, climb, reach/extend arms and
hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a
constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35
lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climbing steps and ladders regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to
understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability
to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job
- Must wear the correct protective and safety equipment at all
- Repair equipment. Hand and electric tools.
- Company motor vehicles.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
Keywords: Guest Services, Inc., Everett , Maintenance Specialist, Other , Stehekin, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!