Radiation Oncology Therapist On-Call *0 FTE, Day*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Providence is calling a Radiation Oncology Therapist (Per Diem,
Day Shift) to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in
Performs the delivery of high doses of ionizing radiation as
prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist, assists in localizing
tumors, and participates in treatment planning. Serves as the
primary liaison between patients and other members of the Radiation
In this position you will:
- Demonstrates age specific patient care considerations for the
Demonstrates application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in
the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and
family education areas based on PEMC age specific care competency
- Performs patient treatments on linear accelerators and conducts
verification of patient treatment area images:
- Patient treatments are performed according to dept protocols
and practice standards. Schedule is maintained.
Documentation is accurate and timely.
- Operates computer system:
- Timely procedures are performed.
Proper billing of patient occurs as billable events are
- Performs monitoring and charting of daily patient
Charting and monitoring of patient treatment data occurs on a
- Evaluates and assesses treatment delivery components:
- Confirms treatment parameters identified in the computer system
are consistent with practice standards and treatment intentions as
identified by the physician.
- Monitors the functional status of the linear accelerator
throughout the treatment day.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiation Therapy or equivalent
- Completion of the 24 month course in Radiologic Technology and
a 12 month course in Radiation Therapy Technology; or the
completion of a 24 month course in Radiation Therapy
- Board registered/eligible as accepted by the American Registry
of Radiologic Technologists
- Current licensure from the State of Washington as a Therapeutic
- CPR Certification.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 2 years of clinical experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the
state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having
received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical
Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story
hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical
records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience
throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and
close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing,
kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in
Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with
historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and
unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are
just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC
lies only 2 hours north.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Everett , Radiation Oncology Therapist On-Call *0 FTE, Day*, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!