Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Everett Clinic, part of Optum is seeking an ASC
(Ambulatory Surgery Center) RN to join the OR team
part-time, per diem working 8 hours onsite in Gunderson and as
needed in Edmonds.
The ASC RN functions as an integral member of the
healthcare team and is responsible for:
Under general supervision, the Staff Registered Nurse (RN),
under the immediate supervision of the ASC Director or Charge
Nurse, is responsible for the safety of the patient while in the OR
(Operating Room) and assists with the supervision of
nonprofessional personnel in the area. By assessment of the
individual patient and procedure, RN anticipates the needs of the
surgical team and provides such services while maintaining an
aseptic and safe environment.
The ASC RN is responsible for and not limited
- Assesses the health status of the patient in order to
develop an individualized plan of care by collecting, categorizing
and interpreting data (physical and psychosocial) from documented
information, observation, patient/family interview and other health
care team members.
- Develops a nursing care plan based on the assessment of the
patient that included nursing diagnosis, patient goals and nursing
interventions necessary to achieve these goals.
- Implements the nursing care plan to provide optimal
individualized care for the patient.
- Instructs the patient and family to assist the patient in
the achievement of optimal health status.
- Plans, supervises and assists with the transfer of the
patient to protect the patient and personnel from injury.
Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Knowledge of meds used pre-op, intra-op and post-op,
including IV conscious sedation.
- Knowledge of the function and use of patient monitoring
- Knowledge of basic surgical technique and of the
instruments, sutures, and meds used in the OR.
- IV skills. Patient teaching skills. Good organizational and
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a
- Ability to interpret basic EKGs and knowledge of aseptic
- Ability to respond calmly in an emergency
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50
- May also involve the ability to deal effectively with others
in confrontational situations.
Education: Graduate of an
accredited school of nursing and current RN WA state licensure
Experience: Minimum of two (2)
years of perioperative nursing experience, i.e. scrubbing and
circulating required. Requires demonstrated advanced level of
achievement of performance standards for intraoperative nursing
according to AORN (Association of perioperative Registered Nurses)
standards of practice.
Certificate/License: Current State
Registered Nurse License required. Current BLS and ACLS
certification (within 3 months of hire) required
Membership in the Association of Operating Room Nurses
preferred. CNOR (Certified Nurse Operating Room)
Keywords: Optum, Everett , RN ASC, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!