Company: City of Everett
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Nature of Work
LATERAL HIRING BONUS. UP to $20,000!
We Want Your Service in our Community!
We are actively searching for high quality lateral police officers.
Everett Police Department serves a population over 108,000. We
believe in community-oriented policing and work in partnership with
the community to enhance quality of life and reduce crime through
our core values of integrity, professionalism and honor.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application materials may be accessed via
- All applicants are required to complete and submit the City of
Everett employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
FAXED or EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Note: All
requirements must be met by the date the application is submitted
Why work for Everett Police Department?
- Competitive Wages
- Vacation Accrual Starting First Year
- Pitman Work Schedule for Patrol Officers (rotating schedule
with every other weekend off)
- Uniforms, firearms, and duty gear provided
- Boot/Vest Upgrade for Patrol Assignments, Clothing/Equipment
Allowance for Plainclothes Assignments
- Dry Cleaning Benefit
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- City Match on Deferred Compensation
- Laterals accrue vacation based on total years of qualifying law
- LEOFF 2 Pension Plan
- Floating Holidays
- Holiday Bank (Can be Used or Cashed Out)
- 4% Specialty Pay Incentive for Select Assignments
Everett Police Officers perform a wide variety of law enforcement
activities including patrol of designated areas of City on foot,
bike, motorcycle, or automobile. How do you see yourself
contributing to the community in three to five years as an Everett
- Downtown Bike Patrol
- Training Officer
- Marine Unit Dive Team
- K-9 Handler
- Hostage Negotiator
- Major Crimes Detective
- Property Crimes Detective
- School Resource Officer
Follow the link to more specialty assignments that you may find
attractive. For a full description of the police officer position,
please see the class specification on the Citys Website
- A minimum of twenty-four (24) months of full-time paid service
as a sworn police officer in a civilian governmental jurisdiction
with extensive patrol experience, without a break in service of
more than thirty-six (36) months by the application date AND either
the successful completion of the Washington State Criminal Justice
Training Commission Basic Law Enforcement Academy (BLEA) prior to
application date, or the ability to successfully complete the
Washington State Justice Training Commission Equivalency
Examination within one (1) year after employment. Out-of-state
applicants must possess the necessary training and experience to
become certified in accordance with Washington State Criminal
Justice Training Commission standards.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain prior to employment, a
valid Washington State Driver License and the ability to maintain
it for the duration of employment.
- Attainment of the age of 21 years by the application date.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Not on the current eligible register for Experienced Police
Officer, per Everetts Civil Service Rule 2.12.
- EXAMINATION PROCESS
About the position : This is a Civil Service class involving
general police activities associated with the protection of life
and property by enforcement of state and municipal codes,
regulations and ordinances. The positions are located in the Police
Department at the Everett City Hall and open positions occur each
year. The Civil Service eligibility register for this position is
subject to continuous modification as a result of the
open/continuous nature of the process. Grades earned as a result of
this screen process are valid for 12 months after certification by
the Civil Service Commission. Employment in this class requires
compliance with all associated fitness standards and requirements
as well as a satisfactory background check, FBI record check,
polygraph (lie detector) exam, and psychological evaluation. Hiring
offers are contingent upon successful completion of a City-paid
LEOFF medical evaluation and medical history review that may
include back x-rays and will include drug screening. This job
classification is represented by Everett Police Officers
- Those meeting the requirements for the position will be
examined by administration of an independently rated questionnaire,
weighted 20%. Applicants with a passing grade on the questionnaire
will be called to an oral panel evaluation, weighted 80%.
- All portions of the process are designed to sample and measure
the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Additional screening prior to appointment to these positions
includes an employment and general background investigation as well
as medical, drug testing, psychological, and polygraph
- Those applicants claiming Veterans Preference must submit a
copy of their Form DD214 with the application for employment.
FILING OPENS: January 1, 2021
Keywords: City of Everett, Everett , Police Officer, Other , everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!