Providence is calling a Insurance Verification / Authorization
and Customer Support Specialist (0.5 FTE, Day Shift) to the
Registration Operations in Everett, WA
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
system. Please Complete this step!
The Insurance Verification and Authorization Specialist is
responsible for securing appropriate patient account reimbursement
by obtaining complex demographic, insurance, and medical
information, identifying services requiring authorization for
treatment and referral information. This role is responsible for
adding proper documentation to reflect the work in Epic
In this position you will:
- Verification of insurance eligibility.
- Ensuring Admission Notification has been completed.
- Identifying services and payers requiring authorization and
ensuring required authorizations are in place.
- Identifying services requiring a referral and ensuring it is in
- Identifying services requiring consent forms (eg:
Sterilization) and ensuring signed forms are in place.
- Ensuring Motor Vehicle Accident, Workers Compensation or other
Third Party Liability paperwork has been completed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED -OR- equivalent educ/experience
- 1 year of experience in customer service, hospital billing, or
- Clerical and computer experience.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD9/ICD10 coding and medical
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Some college level course work
- Satisfactory completion of college level Medical Terminology or
Medical Assistant course
- 1 year of healthcare experience in a hospital or clinical
setting, health insurance or medical office.
- Knowledge of insurance billing and managed care.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the
state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having
received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical
Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story
hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical
records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience
throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and
close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing,
kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in
Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with
historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and
unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are
just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC
lies only 2 hours north.