Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Surgery Scheduler (RN) (1.0 FTE, Day
Shift) to work in Women's Health Services at Providence Medical
Group Northwest Washington in Everett,WA.
Work under the direction and supervision of the nursing
supervisor, clinic manager, or appropriate staff to support
surgeons and patients in delivery of cost-effective, clinically
competent, reliable scheduling of surgeries in a safe, respectful
manner that ensures patient respect and dignity. Manage deadlines
to ensure that patient healthcare needs and surgeon and operating
room schedule demands are met. Work with clinical teams in the
coordination of pre-operative appointments and patient needs as
In this position you will:
- Greet and verify patient medical and insurance information in a
friendly and courteous manner, normally on the phone, but
occasionally in person.
- Communicate urgent patient needs to clinic provider or RN as
necessary throughout the scheduling process.
- Schedule and coordinate surgeries, office appointments, and
necessary tests for patients as required by their surgeon
- Complete required referrals and insurance pre-authorizations
for hospitalization, surgery, and other services according to
requirements, or ensure requirements are met by the appropriate
- Instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests.
Coordinate with surgeon and clinical staff to ensure patient is
educated about pre-operative procedures and that all necessary
pre-operative procedures/tests have been ordered and
- Arrange for patient testing, referrals, and/or hospital
admission as appropriate.
- Call patients to remind them of their appointments and
reschedule them as needed.
- Provide general information to patients regarding financial
policies and registration requirements
Required qualification for this position include:
- Extensive experience in surgically-oriented clinical
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty
care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Snohomish
County in more than 10 locations in scenic northwest Washington.
Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care
experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect,
communication and teamwork.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Everett , Surgery Scheduler, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!