Company: Continuum Care of Snohomish
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Continuum Care of Snohomish -
Job Title/Position: Volunteer
Reports To: Office Manager
Job Description Summary
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all
volunteer program activities in the organization.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a volunteer training and orientation
program sufficient to meet the volunteer needs of the patients and
- Recruits, educates, and selects volunteers from at least three
(3) recruitment sessions a year.
- Establish a need for volunteer services with the patient and
family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
- Supervise and evaluate volunteers in a timely and appropriate
- Maintains monthly statistics. Records services of volunteers,
including the type of service performed and the time worked.
- Maintains current personnel files.
- Reevaluate volunteer programs as necessary.
- Coordinate support/education meetings.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Provides information to individuals and community groups about
hospice volunteer services.
- Participates as needed in the budget preparation for program
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams, activities and reviewing and revising written
volunteer policies and procedures.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and
- College degree, advanced degree in human services
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a health care setting.
Hospice and/or volunteer experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise, coordinate, and evaluate volunteer
- Understands hospice philosophy.
- Ability to organize and develop volunteer hospice personnel for
both patient and organizational needs.
- Ability to manage a group of individuals providing volunteer
time and who will be considered employees.
Keywords: Continuum Care of Snohomish, Everett , Coordinator, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!