Remote Community Mental Health Therapist
Company: Peninsula Behavioral Health, WA
Location: port angeles
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Pay rate is $70,000 per year
- Please DO NOT apply if you are not fully licensed
in the State of Washington.
JOB OVERVIEW: Provides remote telebehavioral
health services including assessments, crisis intervention, case
management and psychotherapy to adults. Manage a caseload of adult
clients and provide services in accordance with funding guidelines
and requirements. We offer work life balance, flexible schedule,
sign on/retention bonus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure professionalism, competency, and compliance in offsite
- Provides remote intake assessments including psychosocial
histories, identification of co-occurring disorders, history of
treatment, identification of strengths and supports, risk
assessment, and diagnostic formulations.
- Develops individualized treatment plans with documentation of
problems, needs, desired outcomes, and therapeutic goals which are
measurable, observable, and achievable.
- Provides individual psychotherapy as appropriate for caseload,
implements evidence-based practices as clinically indicated.
- Provide case management and crisis response as needed to
promote stability, recovery and community reintegration.
- Participates in team meetings and case consultation with other
staff as needed.
- Participates in client-centered care coordination with internal
and external partners, including primary care providers.
- Maintains familiarity with and handles client information in
accordance with Federal Regulations (42 CFR, Part 2), the Revised
Code of Washington (RCW 71.05.390 and RCW 71.24), and other
applicable laws pertaining to confidentiality of client and staff
- Maintains physical security of confidential materials and
assigned Agency property.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs relevant clinical and administrative tasks according
to agency policies.
- Maintains high standards of professional conduct in interaction
with clients and staff.
- Maintains professional competency through a program of
professional development, clinical supervision, peer consultation
and in-service training.
- Performs other duties as assigned, appropriate to remote work
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changing work
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards necessary for
effective client care.
- Maintains accurate, timely chart information in compliance with
State, funding source, and agency quality assurance
- Meets productivity expectations of 75% consistently (typically
30 billable hours per week, inclusive of client-related phone calls
and case management).
- Coordinates and prioritizes work assignments so that tasks are
completed on time.
- Regular consultation with supervisor on all matters of
performance, including clinical efficacy, productivity, compliance,
- Participate in random, periodic quality assurance activities to
verify confidentiality, sound/video quality, and therapeutic
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSE(S), CERTIFICATION, AND
Education:Masters degree in counseling, social
work or related field.
Experience:Minimum of 2 years counseling
experience working with adults with serious, persistent mental
- Experience providing telebehavioral health services.
Licensure: Washington State LICSW,
LMFT, or LMHC (required)
- A reliable computer with a webcam that can:
- conduct Zoom meetings;
- support web-based work in the EHR
- access remote email through the PBH server.
- Internet connectivity of at least 10 Mbps.
- Reliable phone connectivity.
- A secure, private professional work space away from other
members of the household, including pets.
- A method to sign documents virtually.
- A method of storing psychotherapy notes behind 2 locks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical skills to trouble shoot technical
- Knowledge of the classification of mental disorders contained
in the current DSM.
- Ability to educate clients about signs, symptoms, and recovery
from mental illness.
- Awareness of the impact of trauma on human development and
psychopathology, and effective trauma treatment methods.
- Knowledge of family systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Sound judgment in problem solving and clinical
- Basic knowledge of psychotropic medications and side
- Practice of respectful communication with clients to enhance
rapport and positive outcomes.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Moderate physical effort occasionally lifting up to ten
- Must be able to tolerate working in an office setting for the
required number of hours in a work day.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to enter data into a computerized electronic
- Ability to effectively apply counseling theories and skills
within a clinical environment.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Occasionally exposed to patients exhibiting assaultive
- Frequent pressure due to schedule demands
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Working collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff.
- Working collaboratively with clients, family members, and other
- Ensuring compliance with agency and funding standards for
documentation and delivery of services.
- Working with a wide variety of clients with serious, persistent
Keywords: Peninsula Behavioral Health, WA, Everett , Remote Community Mental Health Therapist, Other , port angeles, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!