Providence is calling an Insurance Verification Authorization
and Customer Support Specialist (Per Diem, Day Shift) to the
Revenue Capture Department at Providence Medical Group Northwest
Washington in Everett, WA. We are a community of caregivers
delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care
that is accessible to all - especially those who are poor and
The Insurance Verification and Authorization Specialist is
responsible for securing appropriate patient account reimbursement
by obtaining complex demographic, insurance, and medical
information, identifying services requiring authorization for
treatment and referral information. This role is responsible for
adding proper documentation to reflect the work in Epic. In
addition, effectively communicate with internal and external
customers including medical providers, clinic staff, and insurance
Position Details: This is a non-patient facing, per diem
position located in our Business Office. Position has no benefits,
but includes per diem pay. The schedule varies based on the need of
In this position you will have the following
* Obtains and verifies insurance eligibility verification.
* Effectively communicate with fellow caregivers along with
internal and external customers including medical providers, clinic
staff, and insurance companies.
* Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on
referrals and authorizations via computer system and/or manual
* Works collaboratively with the back office teams to ensure an
exceptional patient experience.
* Referral Queue management in Epic.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Payer guidelines.
* Collect and verify insurance authorization requirements to
ensure payer requirements are met in a timely manner.
* Ensure Motor Vehicle Accident, Workers Compensation or other
Third Party Liability paperwork has been completed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* H.S. Diploma or GED or equivalent education/experience * One
(1) year of work experience in customer service, hospital billing,
or healthcare registration * Clerical and computer experience *
Knowledge of CPT and ICD9/ICD10 coding and medical terminology *
Experience with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* One (1) year experience with insurance verification, referrals
and pre-authorization in healthcare * One (1) year of healthcare
experience in a hospital or clinical setting, health insurance or
* Experience with Epic
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty
care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Snohomish
County in more than 10 locations in scenic northwest Washington.
Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care
experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect,
communication and teamwork.