HR Employment Specialist
Company: Mukilteo School District 6
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This an 8 hour per day, 260 day per year Human Resources
Employment Specialist position with benefits at the Mukilteo School
District Office in the Human Resources Department. Anticipated
start date is May 17, 2021.
Hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
JOB TITLE: Employment Specialist
JOB PLACEMENT: Non-Represented Schedule
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Human Resources
The Employment Specialist performs various roles related to
employment within the district. The Specialist manages job
postings, screens employment applications, documents applicant
eligibility and qualifications related to postings; identifies
qualified candidates for further consideration; conducts reference
checks; assists in testing, recruiting and orienting new employees;
supports district recruiting processes.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides information to applicants regarding positions,
applications, and related procedures.
- Prepares position announcements, postings, and
- Screens employment applications, documents qualifications, and
recommends qualified candidates to hiring officials.
- Facilitates internal transfer processes for staff to ensure
compliance with collective bargaining agreements and district
- Advises administrators on selection and hiring procedures,
provides guidelines and direction to document the interview and
selection process, coordinates with administrators to review and
- Conducts reference checks and assists in offering employment to
selected candidates as requested. Notifies non-selected
- Tracks, collects, and files completed interview and other
hiring materials. Enters new hire information into employee
- Provides various support for district recruitment operations.
Registers for recruiting events and attends as required, shares
information about district employment opportunities, updates
marketing materials, orders supplies and materials, provides
information regarding candidate pools and tracks candidate
participation, and monitors employment application email. Organizes
district internal career fair.
- Monitors fingerprint results for new hires and notifies HR
administrators of RAP results.
- Creates new employee personnel files; ensures accurate
completion of all required employment forms prior to commencement
- Prepare and provide identification badges for staff,
substitutes, and interns.
- Assist with maintaining records for required employee district
policy training, bloodborne pathogens training, etc. in Safe
- Implement and comply with District Policies.
- Maintain consistent attendance and conform to regular work
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS; MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities required to satisfactorily
perform the functions of the job include:
- Knowledge and application of employment law, district
policies/procedures and collective bargaining process and
- Ability to utilize systems, technology tools and software, and
accounting procedures to efficiently and accurately fulfill job
- Skill and ability to effectively communicate both verbally and
in writing using correct format, spelling, grammar and
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain trust and
- Ability to convey a positive district image.
- Skill and ability to follow and give instructions.
- Ability to perform professionally while under pressure and
- Ability to be flexible to meet the demands of the
- Ability to be collaborative as well as independently.
- Skill and ability of effective organization and
- Skill and ability of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to develop positive, amenable relationships with staff,
students, and public.
- Ability to strengthen job-related competencies.
- Ability to demonstrate effective cross-cultural communication
skills and culturally responsive practices.
- Ability to identify and address personal, cultural, and
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Word process with accuracy at 50 wpm
- Experience operating a 10-key calculator
- Two (2) or more years of recent applicable experience in a
medium to large public or private human resources office using a
computerized human resources system.
- AA degree in human resource management, business, or related
- Experience using the Washington School Information Processing
Cooperative (WSIPC) system
- Experience in public school or public agency personnel/human
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
1% - 33%
34% - 65%
66% - 100%
Field of Vision
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs
or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color,
national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual
orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use
of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to
the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following
employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints
of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX
Coordinator Bruce Hobert (425-356-1319),
firstname.lastname@example.org, Section 504 Coordinator Lisa Pitsch
(425-356-1277), email@example.com, and the ADA/Access
Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330),
firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in
Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH
Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director
(425-348-2220) email@example.com. Address: 9001 Airport
Road in Everett, WA 98204.
Keywords: Mukilteo School District 6, Everett , HR Employment Specialist, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!