Company: Guest Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and
peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin's picturesque
lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical
We are now hiring for Summer 2021! Positions typically last from
May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North
Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on
the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park.
Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population
swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from
Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often
through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest
Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in
Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will
love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily
transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing
- 50% discount on all meals
- $300 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of
employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Cashier is responsible for receiving money from and
disbursing money to customers, while maintaining a high level of
customer service at all times.
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate
bills quickly and accurately using cash register, calculator, or
other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts'
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers'
questions, and provide information on company products, promotions,
and policies. Thank each customer.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and
maintain sales area with various supplies and products.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the retail operation.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them
immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Mathematic Skills.
- Excellent sanitation habits.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest
standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem
has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent
movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry,
reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or
otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15
lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor/outdoor
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to
understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability
to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and
co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with
other employees in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Knowledge of cash register/computer used in unit.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
Keywords: Guest Services, Inc., Everett , Cashier/Retail Clerk, Other , Stehekin, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!