Adult Outpatient Mental Health Therapist
Company: Peninsula Behavioral Health, WA
Location: Port Angeles
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Pay range $47,500 to $65,000
- Please do not apply if you are not relocating to
Port Angeles, Washington State.
JOB PURPOSE: Provides clinical assessments,
crisis intervention, case management and psychotherapy to adults in
consultation with a multidisciplinary team. Manage a caseload of
adult clients and provide services in accordance with funding
guidelines and requirements. Signing bonus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides intake assessments including psychosocial histories,
identification of co-occurring disorders, history of treatment,
identification of strengths and supports, risk assessment, and
- Develops individualized treatment plans with documentation of
problems, needs, desired outcomes, and therapeutic goals which are
measurable, observable, and achievable.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy as appropriate for
caseload, implements evidence-based practices as clinically
- Provide case management and crisis response as needed to
promote stability, recovery and community reintegration.
- Participates in case consultation with other staff as
- Participates in client-centered care coordination with internal
and external partners, including primary care providers.
- Maintains familiarity with and handles client information in
accordance with Federal Regulations (42 CFR, Part 2), the Revised
Code of Washington (RCW 71.05.390 and RCW 71.24), and other
applicable laws pertaining to confidentiality of client and staff
- Maintains physical security of confidential materials and
assigned Agency property.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs relevant clinical and administrative tasks according
to agency policies.
- Participates in team meetings and program development.
- Provides information and education to community members.
- Maintains high standards of professional conduct in interaction
with clients, staff, and other community members.
- Maintains professional competency through a program of
professional development, clinical supervision, peer consultation
and in-service training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changing work
- Attends Performance Improvement Meetings on a regular scheduled
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards necessary for
effective client care.
- Maintains accurate, timely chart information in compliance with
State, funding source, and agency quality assurance
- Meets agency productivity expectations of 55%
- Coordinates and prioritizes work assignments so that tasks are
completed on time.
- Available to work one evening shift per week (until 7pm) as
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSE(S), CERTIFICATION, AND
Education: Masters degree in counseling, social
work or related field.
Experience: Counseling experience working with
adults with serious, persistent mental illness.
Licensure: Eligible for licensure in Washington
State as an Agency Affiliated Counselor
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL CREDENTIALS /
Experience: 2 years post graduate counseling
experience working with adults with serious, persistent mental
Licensure: Licensed as a Mental Health
Counselor, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the classification of mental disorders contained
in the current DSM.
- Ability to educate clients about signs, symptoms, and recovery
from mental illness.
- Awareness of the impact of trauma on human development and
- Acquaintance with treatment methods used with victims of
- Knowledge of family systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Capability to use sound judgment in problem solving and
- Basic knowledge of psychotropic medications and side
- Practice of respectful communication with clients to enhance
rapport and positive outcomes.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Moderate physical effort occasionally lifting up to ten
- Must be able to tolerate working in an office setting for the
required number of hours in a work day.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to enter data into a computerized electronic
- Ability to effectively apply counseling theories and skills
within a clinical environment.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Occasionally exposed to patients exhibiting assaultive
- Works in a clean, well lighted, ventilated office.
- Frequent pressure due to schedule demands
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Will be required to work some evenings.
- Working collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff.
- Working collaboratively with clients, family members, and other
- Ensuring compliance with agency and funding standards for
documentation and delivery of services.
- Working with a wide variety of clients with serious, persistent
Keywords: Peninsula Behavioral Health, WA, Everett , Adult Outpatient Mental Health Therapist, Other , Port Angeles, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!