Specialist, Elementary Support Specialist Positions
Company: Mukilteo School District 6
Posted on: April 9, 2021
NEW APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Mukilteo School District Equity
Commitment The Mukilteo School District is committed to eliminating
racism, inequities for students, and institutional bias in order to
ensure all of our students reach their full potential. Prospective
employees of the District will be expected to share in this focus
and commitment, and therefore are required to respond to the
following: Write a one-page summary of your work and life
experiences that position you to be successful in this District
commitment and be prepared to upload your summary when you apply.
Specific vacancies may include both full and part time, continuing
and non-continuing positions. Full time Elementary Support
Specialist positions are 7.75 hours per day for 186 days for new
employees. Applicants must follow the application procedures
carefully. Consideration will only be given to fully completed
application files. Applicants should indicate whether they are
interested in full and/or part time. Salary listed is for the 2020
- 2021 school year. Minimum Requirements: Valid Washington State
Educational Staff Associate certificate with a school counseling,
school social work or school psychologist endorsement. Preferred
Requirements: Successful related experience in an elementary school
setting; student cultural and economic diversity experience. JOB
TITLE: ELEMENTARY SUPPORT SPECIALIST JOB SUMMARY: Provides
proactive and reactive intervention systems, programs and services
aimed at promoting student socio-emotional and classroom success;
consults with and supports staff on individual student needs; links
students and parents to outside resources as necessary. PERFORMANCE
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Promotes school-wide systems, approaches and programs that
positively impact student socio-emotional.
- Recognize individual student learning and cultural needs and
develops strategies to address those needs for the purpose of
promoting individual achievement.
- Provides a broad range of proactive and reactive intervention
strategies to staff for the purpose of enhancing individual student
- Educates parent, students and staff on various topics including
bullying and harassment.
- Collaborates with other staff to develop and implement
effective, culturally responsive, and positive techniques for
improving student behavior.
- Consults with parents, staff, students, and outside agency
personnel regarding mental health, behavioral, social/emotional,
educational concerns and means of intervention for student
- Provides crisis intervention assistance; links parents/students
to other resources.
- Develops Section 504 plans for eligible students and
modifications of instructional programs for accommodations to meet
individual student needs.
- Assists staff in ensuring compliance for Section 504.
- Knowledge of and skills in using effective strategies and
practices for a wide range of student needs and abilities including
culturally responsive practices.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide range of student needs,
including at-risk, cultural diversity, English language learners,
and special education students.
- Maintains data and records related to student socio-emotional
- Implement and comply with District policies and the Code of
- Maintain consistent attendance and conform to regular work
hours specified under contract.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the supervisor. JOB
REQUIREMENTS; MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Skills, Knowledge and
Abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state rules and
- Knowledge of elementary-aged students' developmental
- Knowledge of and ability to positively impact students'
- Ability to effectively address a wide range of social,
emotional, cultural, and developmental needs of students.
- Ability to identify and address personal, cultural, and
- Knowledge of various community resources and services.
- Ability to operate various technology devices and learn the
operation of specific software programs.
- Ability to assess and evaluate student progress and
- Skill in organization and time management.
- Ability to collaborate with administration, parents, students,
staff, and outside agencies.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written
formats with a variety of constituents.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competencies, and respect and
value for all cultural heritages.
- Ability to identify and address personal, cultural, and
- Skills and ability to communicate effectively, both written and
verbal, with diverse people, including racially, ethnically, and
socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other professionals in a
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to strengthen job-related competencies and participate
in professional development activities. EDUCATION:
- Valid Washington State Educational Staff Associate certificate
with a school counseling, school social work or school psychologist
- Student cultural and economic diversity experience, preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful related experience in an elementary school
- Student cultural and economic diversity experience.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse cultural,
racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and
socioeconomic backgrounds, preferred. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
ELEMENTARY SUPPORT SPECIALIST Occasionally 1% - 33% Frequently 34%
- 65% Continually 66% - 100% Sitting x Standing x Walking x
Crouching x Kneeling/Crawling x Stooping x Twisting Knees x
Twisting Waist x Twisting Neck x Climbing x Balancing x Leg/Foot
Use x Reaching x Handling/Grasping x Fingering/Feeling x
Pushing/Pulling x Lifting/Carrying x Talking x Hearing x Vision x
Near Acuity x Far Acuity x Depth Perception x Color Vision x Field
of Vision x Smell x Work Outdoors x Work Indoors x Mukilteo School
District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the
basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age,
veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression
or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service
animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other
designated youth groups. The following employees have been
designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged
discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator
Bruce Hobert (425-356-1319), email@example.com, Section
504 Coordinator Lisa Pitsch (425-356-1277),
firstname.lastname@example.org, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen
Mooseker (425-356-1330), email@example.com. Address:
9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access
issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes
Allen, Director (425-348-2220) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204.
Keywords: Mukilteo School District 6, Everett , Specialist, Elementary Support Specialist Positions, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!