Senior Research Scientist
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Community Transit : Employment : Senior Research Scientist in
Everett, Washington - Careers at MCA - Merrill Creek Administration
Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please
enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized
features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Returning Candidate? Log back in! Senior Research Scientist Job
Locations US-WA-Everett Opening Date 2 days ago (1/19/2021 3:47 PM)
Job ID 2021-1352 Category Planning and Development Min Hiring Range
USD $92,417.00/Yr. Max Hiring Range USD $101,659.00/Yr. Overview
Senior Research Scientist - Get in on the ground floor as we build
our research program! Are you an expert in research methods,
innovative, and self-motivated? If yes, you should consider the
Research and Analytics Team at Community Transit. Community Transit
is a fast-paced and expanding agency excited about new
technologies, new methods, and making data-driven decisions. The
agency is looking for a senior research scientist who can drive
agency confidence in research, develop and implement a short-term
and long-term research strategy, and inspire teams and leaders to
transform research and analytic insights into action. This is a
senior level position that creates and manages the agency research
portfolio to ensure alignment of resources, priorities, and
initiatives. This position coordinates interdepartmentally to
- identify, develop and administer agency research needs,
- determine sequence and priority of research projects to avoid
customer fatigue and satisfy business planning requirements,
- manage consultants,
- present research results and reports,
- provide for consistency in methods,
- promote innovation and improvement of public transit products
and services based on meaningful insights,
- encourage use of data and analysis in support of
decision-making by utilizing data visualization techniques. This
position is part of the Research and Analytics Division, reports to
the Manager of Research and Analytics and works closely with other
Community Transit leaders to formulate research strategies and
programs to inform agency priorities. Essential Duties
- Market Research: Oversees and contributes to market research
projects. Including development of research objectives, project
design and methodology, administration, analysis, reporting,
presentation and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative
- Project Management: Oversees concurrent research and survey
efforts. Manages external consultants to achieve stakeholder
requirements such as project deliverables, scope of work, budget,
and time-line .
- Communication: Collaborates across departments to determine
agency research needs. Utilizes the art of storytelling to
effectively communicate findings with a variety of internal
stakeholders. Provides business insights pertaining to service,
marketing, planning, operations, and customer experience. Creates
reports, visualizations and presentations to help drive business
decisions. Utilizes compelling and persuasive oral and written
- Data: Ensures data integrity, suitability for purpose, and
accurate interpretation of analyses.
- Engagement: Enables, supports, and encourages use of data in
decision-making. Seeks opportunities to increase the use of data
through improved access. Engages internal and external partners in
the development, use and integration of data. Serves as a subject
matter expert to internal and external partners. Regularly provides
presentations and guidance to internal and external groups.
- Organization: Monitors work processes and reports progress
toward goals. Manages competing priorities and interests. Supports
organizational change. Requirements Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years of experience with market research methodology.
- Five years of experience designing or interpreting surveys such
as customer satisfaction and product development surveys.
- Five years' experience in applying quantitative methods of
analysis and research in support of decision-making.
- Experience in leading teams, managing consultants, and applying
project management methods and techniques. OR an equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully
perform the essential duties of the job. Preferred
- A master's degree in psychology, sociology, marketing,
planning, statistics, mathematics, engineering.or relevant
- Experience in quantitative analysis in the transportation
- Experience utilizing analytical tools such as Tableau. Entry
Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills Qualification to enter this
position requires knowledge of the following:
- Software applications including databases, spreadsheets, word
- Data processing, tabulation and data management.
- Fundamentals of qualitative methods.
- Basic descriptive statistics.
- Fundamentals of inferential statistics.
- Communication principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Sampling theory and methodology.
- Journey mapping. Qualification to enter this position requires
- Market Research methodology.
- Project management principles and techniques.
- Survey research and questionnaire design.
- Reporting, storytelling and presentation skills. Organizational
influence and leadership
- Gaining the support of others through persuasiveness,
credibility and expertise. Inspiring others to collaborate
- Communicating effectively within interdisciplinary teams;
including sharing accurate and pertinent information in a timely
- Consistently building and maintaining positive working
relationships internally and externally , even in times of stress
- Participating in, facilitating, and supporting conflict
resolution; exchanging feedback in an open, constructive, and
- Leading efforts to collaboratively make decisions, establish
and meet time-lines--and deliver results that meet customer
- Improving work processes and efficiency.
- Managing projects, setting clear, reasonable expectations and
facilitating delivery and achievement. Problem-solving and
- Organizing and prioritizing work despite tight deadlines,
multiple customers, and competing priorities; monitoring and
reporting progress toward--goals.
- Leading teams to generate and implement workable and useful
solutions to difficult problems.
- Exhibiting situational awareness and strategic judgment.
Recognizing when sources of information and/or partners should be
consulted and when to apply past experiences.
- Using intelligence, logical thinking, common sense, hard work
and tenacity to solve difficult and complex challenges.
- Identifying opportunities for creative problem solving while
staying within the parameters of good practice. Proficient
Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills Qualification to
fulfill the full range of this position's duties requires the
following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after
entering the job:
- Working knowledge of public transit.
- Public transit planning and operation principles.
- Alternative transportation strategies.
- First-Last-Mile solutions. Qualification to fulfill the full
range of this position's duties requires the following skills,
which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
- Tableau Application Process Complete on-line applications with
job history listed, and attach resume and cover letter. Applicants
who meet minimum requirements will be scheduled for tests and
interviews to demonstrate knowledge, skills for the position.
Position closes Monday February15th at 11:59 pm but applications
considered as they come in. If you have a family member, or share
the same living quarters of a current Community Transit employee,
please let your Employee Engagement Recruiter know as your
eligibility for this position may be affected. Community Transit
provides a tobacco-free & drug-free work environment. As a
recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an--Equal
Opportunity Employer & does not unlawfully discriminate on any
basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value
and--encourage diversity in our workforce.--EOE AA
M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment--without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a
friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Everett , Senior Research Scientist, Other , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!