Senior Software Architect in Enterprise Structures, EME, Flight Sciences
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering
an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and
inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find
your future with us.The Boeing Company is seeking Senior Software
Architects to join the computing team that will be working in
Boeing IT Product Systems organization on development, maintenance
and integration of software tools supporting the BCA and BDS
Engineering organizations located in Everett and other Puget Sound
locations in Washington. Virtual/Remote work is possible. The
software tools are developed and run on various operating systems
including but not limited to Unix, Linux and Windows on premises
and on internal and external cloud.The primary responsibility of
this position is to define and execute on Software Development and
integration roadmap for Analysis and Simulation teams for
Enterprise Structures, EME and Flight Sciences Engineering
portfolio that support core engineering design applications for
airplane design and development. You will be part of a team of
software developers/engineers and will collaborate as part of a
SAFe Agile team. This role requires continuous interaction with the
Business SMEs, Software developers, Product Managers on a global
level with Boeing US, Boeing India and other locations including
Boeings vendor teams.Position Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Software Development Team, Business -
Engineering, other Architects, Product Managers to define the
- Participate in all phases of the application development i.e.
design, development, testing, implementation and support.
- Lead Architectural and Technical discussions with key
stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts on business side to define
solutions architecture roadmap. Work with Business SMEs to
understand current and future business requirements via working
- Provide guidance and clarification to other architects and
- Propose usage of techniques like Automation, DevOps CI/CD,
Cloud adoption for serverless architecture and deployment.
- Collaborate to complete Software Accreditation, Perform
- Provide guidance in adoption of new tools and technology,
- Hands-on coding to develop re-usable APIs for complex software
- Experience with container (Docker/Kubernetes) with a
- Experience using DevSecOps and supporting tools such as Azure
DevOps, GitLab and others, BitBucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Nexus,
Artifactory, Terraform, Git, NPM, Maven, Gradle.
- Knowledgeable about latest Software Development technology
trends and ability to assess applicability of new technology to
existingbusiness processes.This position allows telecommuting. The
selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at
one of the listed location options.The position must meet Export
Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined
by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. BasicQualifications
- At least 10+ years of experience developing Software.
- At least 4+ years of experience working with database systems
RDBMS, NoSQL,Graph etc.
- At least 5+ years of experience working with API design.
- Previous experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure,
OpenShift, PCF).Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Background and Knowledge of Engineering Domains Mechanical
Structures and Flight Sciences.
- Knowledge of COTS software used in Mechanical Structures design
and integrations with other systems.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering and/or similar
field of study with focus on Software Development study is
- Previous experience with Architectural discussions and the
ability to use appropriate visualization (models, diagrams, views,
documents etc.) to communicate ideas is beneficial.Typical
Education & Experience:Education/experience acquired through
advanced technical education (Bachelor in Computer Science or other
equivalent degree with Computer Science/Computer Engineering focus)
and 10 or more years of software industry
experience.Relocation:This position does not offer relocation.
Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Vaccination
Requirements:Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees
to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable
accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. for
current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements,
and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.by Jobble
Keywords: Boeing, Everett , Senior Software Architect in Enterprise Structures, EME, Flight Sciences, IT / Software / Systems , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!