Field Service Technician
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Optum PNW Information Technology Department is seeking a
Field Services Technician to join their team full time in Everett,
WA.The Field Services Technician functions as an integral member of
the team and provides desktop and peripheral support for clinical
and Business environments, installation, upgrading,
troubleshooting, maintaining and purchasing of all computer related
hardware and software.The Field Services Technician is responsible
for and not limited to:FST Support
- Supports and performs customer service per the "Best Practices
at TEC-IT Communication & Documentation".
- Responds to Clinic staff/Business Service requests for
- Brings resolution to technical desktop issues. Escalate issues
as necessary to get them resolved.
- Resolves all assigned trouble tickets.
- Initiates the purchasing process for hardware, software,
printers, or other computer related equipment or peripherals as
requested or needed for a trouble ticket.
- Makes sure FST work and storage areas are kept orderly.
- Participates in quality control and performance improvement
- Attends regular FST meetings to coordinate issues and
- Attends approved training and ensure desktop support
skills/knowledge remain current.
- Provides documentation and reporting as requested.
- Is a team player and participate in team building both within
the FST group and with other support groups.
- Monitors, audits, & reports using Systems Center Configuration
Manager and LanSweeper tools. Proactively does workstation asset
management and licensing reporting. Remotely installs patches to
- Ensures all PC's are in compliance with Symantec and
- Provides project management of small network projects as
- Participates in major clinic projects as assigned.
- Coordinates with other IT staff to identify and resolve issues
and coordinate projects as needed.
- Provides project documentation as requested.
- Attends project meetings as requested.Required Experience and
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years' experience working as a
PC technician or closely related position. Familiarity with
Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft applications, installing
applications, imaging, patching, using desktop management tools,
and experience providing customer service.
- Washington State Driver's License
- UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to
report their COVID-19 vaccination status
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this
role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and
local regulations as well as all client requirements and will
obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure
compliance.Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree and/or certifications
- Certificate/License: Certifications/diplomas such as: Microsoft
Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions
Associate (MCSA), and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP),
Network +, A+ encouraged.Employees are required to screen for
symptoms using an approved symptom screener prior to entering the
work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe.Employees
must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition,
when in a worksite building, employees are expected to wear a mask
in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Keywords: Optum, Everett , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!