Coordinator - HR
Company: Community Transit
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Coordinator - HR
1 week ago(5/16/2023 7:05 PM)
Min Hiring Range
Max Hiring Range
Under general supervision, provides administrative support of
day-to-day human resource operations and support of full-cycle
recruitment. Manages confidential employment records with high
attention to detail. Acts as first point of contact for Employee
Engagement related questions. Provides excellent customer service
to internal employees, employment candidates, and the general
public at all levels in occasionally difficult or sensitive
Carries out a wide range of duties critical to the maintenance and
processing of personnel actions, records and reports. Many
transactions are time sensitive in nature and directly impact
employee engagement. Provides support while protecting the
confidentiality of sensitive or privileged information. Resolves
common difficulties for employees. Assists employees and
supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and
- Verifies, processes, scores, and maintains recruitment related
processes including applications, assessments, contingencies
including drug and alcohol requirements, and reporting. Generates
job offers and moves applicants through ATS. Communicates with
candidates and resolves issues as they relate to their status in
- New employee onboarding which includes educating them on
various programs such as I-9's, W-4's, personnel policies,
Envision, and ancillary benefits (such as Core Points, TIP,
Wellness program, etc).
- Acts as first point of contact for personnel for HR related
questions. Directs correspondence from internal and external
sources to correct HR team member, assists with various projects as
- Provides basic info and guidance to applicants including
presenting information in person and remotely
- Maintains departmental files for various documents and
correspondence. Supports benefits and incentive programs such as
TIP and Health Reimbursement.
- Safely performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years of progressively responsible general administrative
experience. (May substitute an Associate's degree in office
occupations or business or closely related field for 18 months of
this experience). A bachelor's degree in human resources, business
administration, or directly related field may substitute for 36
months of experience.
- Two years of experience performing highly detailed work
involving sensitive or privileged information. For example,
payroll, legal or medical data, test administration, recruiting and
staffing, drug policy administration, grievance handling or
substantially similar duties. Preferred
- One year experience with an applicant tracking system,
full-cycle recruitment, and principles of customer service. Entry
Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills Qualification to enter this
position requires knowledge of the following:
- Word, mail merge functions, formatting, use of tables, and
other activities generally associated with intermediate
- Excel, with the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets,
graphs and reports, including pivot tables and linked
- Grammar, punctuation, spelling.
- Time management, including priority setting and resetting.
- Group scheduling software applications including email.
- General office practices, correspondence and filing.
- Procedures for handling privileged or confidential
- Principles of customer service, particularly in handling
customer complaints. Qualification to enter this position requires
- Communication in English, in writing or verbally.
- Attention to detail to identify and correct errors.
- Microsoft Office products.
- Setting and resetting priorities.
- Working with teams.
- Persevering in difficult situations with tact and
- Responding with flexibility to changing priorities.
- Working well independently and in teams.
- Communicating about deadlines.
- Providing good customer service.
- Learning new assignments quickly.
- Exercising good judgment, to discern when to take problems to a
higher authority for resolution or guidance. Proficient Performance
Requirements for Knowledge and Skills Qualification to fulfill the
full range of this position's duties requires the following
knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering
- Database functions.
- Working knowledge of HR policies and procedures. Qualification
to fulfill the full range of this position's duties requires the
following skills, which may be gained or further developed after
entering the job:
- Dealing with people in emotionally charged situations.
- Process improvement skills.
- Problem identification. Physical RequirementsStooping,
crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting,
fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive
motions, carrying. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to a negligible amount of force constantly to move
Keywords: Community Transit, Everett , Coordinator - HR, Human Resources , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...