Company: Cocoon House
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Cocoon House's Sno-Co Connect program assists youth and young
adults ages 14-24 program serves many youths with multiple barriers
to success in the labor force, youth who are low income and need
additional assistance to enter or complete an educational program
and to secure and retain employment. The Employment Specialist will
work one-on-one with participants throughout their enrollment
process, helping to identify and connect youth to employment,
education, and training opportunities that will pathways that lead
to self-sufficiency. Our Employment Specialist....
- Will maintain a caseload as determined by the Director,
ensuring services are provided to qualifying applicants and all
programmatic requirements are met and documented through timely,
detailed case notes
- Engage in extensive mobile outreach and case management
throughout Snohomish County to find and engage eligible youth.
- Utilize motivational interviewing, Positive Youth Development,
and Trauma Informed best practices to engage and motivate youth and
- Provide tailored employment services to participants including
employment counseling, employment preparation and training such as,
resume and interview skills, and support in placement in training
programs or jobs.
- Assist youth in Identifying employment and/or training goals,
develop and monitor service plans, and develop recommendations for
- Provide comprehensive employability assessment for all
Employment & Training (E&T) referrals and collaborate with
partners to ensure the handoff is successful.
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely case notes in ETO
database and other needed paperwork.
- Maintain ongoing coordination and communication with Family
Support Coaches and partners regarding delivery of each
participates employment, training, and education services.
- Monitor participant goals and objectives, and revise as
- Ensure all monthly and annual goals are on track for
completion, notifying the Program Manager of any potential issues
in meeting these measurable outcomes. Maintain program tracking
- Support Program Manager in grant management including tracking
and reporting Prepare related documents and reports.
- Participate in program development.
- Refer and collaborate with area Education, Employment &
- Build relationships and maintain positive relationships
internally and externally to meet the needs of our participants.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health options with employer
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 21 days of PTO accrued in first year
- 10 agency-recognized holidays
- Paid training & testing: CPR/first aid, food handler's permit,
blood borne pathogens, abuse awareness, TB testing, and additional
in-depth practical training Pay: $22 Cocoon House will provide
reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities
upon request. Candidates with lived experience, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+
are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Bilingual English/Spanish/Ukrainian/Russian skills
- Knowledge of adolescent development General:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrable knowledge and professional experience with the
employment and education fields
- Experience working with young adults experiencing
- DSHS background clearance
- Acceptable driver's abstract with no more than 2 violations
within last 3 years
- Possess a valid driver's license, insurance, and reliable
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) Physical:
- Ability to perform range of physical motions, exerting up to 50
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling,
squatting, and stooping
- Running for brief periods of time
- Go up and down stairs PI202057914
Keywords: Cocoon House, Everett , Employment Specialist, Human Resources , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!