Company: Community Transit
Posted on: January 21, 2023
6 days ago(1/12/2023 3:47 PM)
Finance & Accounting
This position is part of a team that is responsible for processing
bi-weekly payroll for 800+ employees, totaling $65 million
annually, in compliance with applicable personnel policies, labor
contracts and state and federal regulations. The regular days off
for this position are Wednesday and Thursday as weekend coverage is
needed. Candidates must able to work Friday through Tuesday and
Holidays as the regular work schedule and be available to work
extended hours as needed to meet strict payroll deadlines.
Enters daily payroll exception data into Trapeze OPS crew
scheduling software. Validates timekeeping calculation results for
accuracy and for compliance with the labor contract, personnel
policy, and labor laws. Research discrepancies, makes corrections
and documents the changes. Reviews all documentation to be retained
for completeness. Exports the final pay data to PeopleSoft and
maintains a reconciliation of the two systems.
- Enters data from timecards into PeopleSoft.
- Reviews payroll for accuracy and completeness. Calculates
payroll, reconciles payroll to various reports.
- Responds to the payroll related inquiries from employees,
management, and outside agencies. Serves as a resource for payroll
- Develops and documents payroll procedures to ensure payroll is
processed consistently and accurately.
- Prepares biweekly transmittal reports and responds to requests
for information from the Washington State Department of Retirement
- Works with IT Staff to troubleshoot system problems and testing
functional updates, upgrades and fixes.
- Processes, monitors, reconciles, and reports union dues
- Responds to garnishment requests. Sets up garnishments in
PeopleSoft. Processes biweekly payments to garnishers. Reconciles
related general ledger account
- Processes after payroll payments to third parties for employee
voluntary deductions and reconciles related general ledger
- Validates FMLA and Workers Compensation leave hours using
authorization reports provided by Human Resources and third-party
vendors. Creates adjusting entries as needed.
- Calculates and documents short-term disability, industrial
insurance and donated sick leave supplements.
- Maintains archive of payroll records.
- Associate degree (AS or AA) or a two-year technical certificate
in accounting or related field.
- Five years increasingly responsible payroll experience.
- Four years payroll software experience.
- Must be able to work Friday through Tuesday and Holidays as the
regular work schedule and be available to work extended hours as
needed to meet strict payroll deadlines. An equivalent combination
of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the
essential duties of the job listed above may be considered.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft.
- Experience working with Trapeze software.
- Experience producing transit or union payroll. Entry
Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills Qualification to enter this
position requires knowledge of the following:
- General accounting principles and payroll processing.
- General knowledge of payroll related labor laws, such as FMLA
and FLSA. Qualification to enter this position requires skill
- Written and oral communication.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
- Meeting strict payroll deadlines.
- Performing arithmetic calculations with speed and
- Work effectively with managers and employees at all levels of
the corporation. Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge
and Skills Qualification to fulfill the full range of this
position's duties requires the following knowledge, which may be
gained or further developed after entering the job:
- None listed. Qualification to fulfill the full range of this
position's duties requires the following skills, which may be
gained or further developed after entering the job:
- None listed. Physical Requirements: Pulling, lifting,
fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to a negligible
amount of force frequently to move objects. Other
- Final applicant may be subject to a credit check in additional
to regular background check.
- Incumbent may be requested to work in a cash vault room
Application and Selection Process: This position is being sourced
by Arch Staffing, please apply
- Only on-line applications accepted.
- The deadline for first consideration is close of business day,
Friday, January 27, 2023.
- Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up
to six months after the date this position is filled.
- Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be asked to
provide a portfolio sample of work, scheduled for an interview as
well as a variety of tests to demonstrate knowledge and skills for
the position. The evaluation process may include interviews,
background checks, reference checks and various performance tests.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental,
vision, basic life and disability insurance. Employees participate
in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and have the
option to enroll in the agency's deferred compensation plan. In
addition to WA Paid Sick Leave, employees in this position, accrue
nineteen (19) days of Paid Time Off (152 hours) in their first year
and receive nine (9) paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Full list of all benefits and details can be found here.
Effective January 1, 2022, all new employees must provide proof of
fully vaccinated status on or before their first workday. People
are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose
in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. If
you have a family member, or share the same living quarters of a
current Community Transit employee, please let your Human Resources
Recruiter know as your eligibility for this position will be
affected. Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free
work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community
Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully
discriminate on an basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law.
We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA
M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Community Transit, Everett , Payroll/Timekeeping Specialist, Human Resources , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!