Company: Confluence Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
OverviewLocated in the heart of Washington, we enjoy open skies,
snow-capped mountains, and the lakes and rivers of the high desert.
We are the proud home of orchards, farms, and small communities.
Confluence Health actively supports the communities we serve and
their quality of life through our community support program and
through our individual efforts as involved community members.Full
Time Employees of Confluence Health receive a wide range of
benefits in addition to compensation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Saving Accounts
- CH Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Gym Membership Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Shift DifferentialFor more information on our Benefits & Perks,
click SummaryHas the responsibility of administering radiation
therapy treatments in accordance with the prescription and
instructions of the radiation oncologist. With minimal supervision,
radiation therapists administer radiation treatments through a
variety of equipment, including high-energy linear accelerators.
They monitor the patient during the course of treatment and report
any unusual or adverse reactions. The therapist must be able to
judge when treatment should be withheld until consultation with a
physician. Therapists must maintain radiation safety for patients,
clinical personnel and themselves and must maintain the skills of
treatment simulation and treatment device fabrication as well as
assist and provide supplemental coverage in tumor localization,
treatment planning and dosimetry procedures.Position Reports
To:Practice Manager Essential Functions
- Warm up equipment and check assigned room for proper supplies
to begin the treatment day.
- Call patients to the treatment area in a manner to affect
efficient appointment scheduling.
- Verify the chart diagnosis, prescription, signed consent and
patient identification by picture ID as well as verbal name and
date of birth prior to treatment.
- Explain the procedure to patients, means of communication
during treatment and emergency procedures.
- Reinforce radiation oncologist/nurses advice to patients
regarding reactions to treatment and their care.
- Prepare room and equipment for the patient according to the
prescription regarding immobilization devices, field size treatment
distance and beam defining devices.
- Help transfer patients safely to the treatment table, providing
support and assistance as needed.
- Check the daily treatment setting (MU) and deliver the dose as
prescribed by the physician.
- Maintain visual and audible communication with the patient
during the treatment procedure.
- Observe patients for unusual reactions or events and report the
appropriate information to the nurse/physician.
- Observe radiation safety measures for patients, personnel and
the general public.
- Assist in student supervision during their clinical
- Maintain records of daily treatment, schedules, census reports,
machine log, billing and other records.
- Produce and review verification images with the physician on
each patient as prescribed.
- Maintain complete records to include ID photo, field photos,
complete treatment factors, complete positioning information and
completed/checked dose calculations prior to the 3RD
- Need to interface with physician to plan treatment and operate
simulation equipment. Operation of both radiographic and
fluoroscopic modes in simulation procedures.
- Cross train in simulation and calculations to provide
supplemental coverage when necessary.
- Report erratic operation of equipment to the manager or to the
designated service engineer.
- Cooperate with all patients and co-workers, presenting a
professional and positive manner of conduct.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the department.
- Explain treatment process to lay persons, paramedical persons,
tour groups, students, patients and their families.
- Abide by and participate in the quality review program to
minimize potential risks and maximize the quality of care.
- Review records on a weekly basis for potential errors, planned
field/dose modifications and finish/rest levels.
- Identify any preparatory activities that can be accomplished
during slack time that will make routine activities easier.
- Communicate effectively with cancer patients and families,
physicians, and health care associates.
- Attend weekly QA rounds, monthly therapist meetings and
- Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Other duties as assigned.Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and
adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at
all times. Position RequirementsFor employees working on site at
any CH location, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is an
essential requirement. QualificationsRequired:
- Graduation from an approved school of radiation therapy
- Registered or board eligible RT(T).
- Licensing by the State of Washington Health Professionals
Quality Assurance Division within 4 months of hire.
- Proficiency in recognizing prospective toxicity problems.
- Proficiency in operation of linear accelerators, simulator,
radiation treatment computers and treatment device fabrication
- Varian and Aria experience including knowledge of latest
techniques including IMRT, SRS, SBRT, IGRT. Physical/Sensory
DemandsO = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a
2 hour workday.F = Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour
of a 2 hour workday.C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to
2 hours of a 2 hour workday.Physical/Sensory Demands ForThis
- Walking - C
- Sitting/Standing - C
- Reaching: Shoulder Height - O
- Reaching: Above shoulder height - O
- Reaching: Below shoulder height - F
- Climbing - F
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less - F
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - F
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds - F
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less - F
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds - O
- Crawling/Kneeling - Not specified
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching - C
- Twisting/Turning - O
- Repetitive Movement - CWorking Conditions:
- Standard to the industry.Job Classification:
- Hourly/Salary:HourlyPhysical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights - No
- Heat - No
- Cold - No
- Mechanical Hazards - Yes
- Hazardous Substances - Yes
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential - Yes
- Lighting - Yes
- Noise - Yes
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation - Yes
- Infectious Diseases - Yes
Keywords: Confluence Health, Everett , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Wenatchee, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...