Company: Confluence Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
OverviewLocated in the heart of Washington, we enjoy open skies,
snow-capped mountains, and the lakes and rivers of the high desert.
We are the proud home of orchards, farms, and small communities.
Confluence Health actively supports the communities we serve and
their quality of life through our community support program and
through our individual efforts as involved community members.Full
Time Employees of Confluence Health receive a wide range of
benefits in addition to compensation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Saving Accounts
- CH Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Gym Membership Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Shift DifferentialFor more information on our Benefits & Perks,
click SummaryThis position offers a sign on bonus of $3000 to be
paid out at completion of Residency.Requires a two year commitment
to Confluence Health.Designed to transition a new graduate or an
experienced nurse wishing to enter/reenter acute inpatient care,
emphasizing high quality, evidence-based patient care. The Nurse
Resident will work with a preceptor to deliver care to patients on
multiple units, assuming increasing responsibility. Utilizes
Nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention,
implementation and evaluation to achieve patient goals and optimize
outcomes. Effectively interacts with patient, significant others
and other health team members, while maintaining standards of
professional nursing (Washington State Nurse Practice Act, WAC, ANA
scope and standards of practice).The Residency Program supports the
resident through their first six month of practice. Includes online
and classroom-based learning, clinical simulation, skills
development, direct clinical experiences and mentorship.Position
reports to the Nursing Director. Essential Functions
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Demonstrates communication and interactions in accordance with
Confluence Health's Code of Conduct in all aspects of job
- In collaboration with assigned preceptor, provides all aspects
of nursing care to patients with increasing independence during
progression in the program.
- Accurately collects patient information needed to provide safe,
high quality care. Completes holistic ongoing assessments of
patient's status and responds appropriately.
- Coordinates and provides high quality patient care in a caring
and compassionate manor, utilizing the nursing process and unit
specific standards of practice.
- Demonstrate competency of the ANA standards of practice:
assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning,
implementation, coordination of care, evaluation. Including
professional standards of performance: ethics, cultural congruent
practice, communication, collaboration, leadership, education,
evidence-based practice, quality of practice, resource utilization
and environmental health.
- Develops, implements, and continually reassesses patient's
individualized plan of care.
- Sets priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence
according to patient's needs and formulates an appropriate plan of
nursing care as defined by nursing policy.
- Teaches patient/family and/or significant others appropriate
- Continual evaluation of discharge plan for appropriateness,
educational needs, and changes as needed.
- Document's care provided, assessments, plan of care,
interventions, and responses accurately in the patient's medical
- Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations in a
prompt, precise and professional manner.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care to other licensed or
non-licensed assistive personal based on Washington and Central
Washington's Guideline on scope of practice.
- Communicates and collaborates with members of the healthcare
team including physicians, patients and families to facilitate
effective patient care and treatment.
- Demonstrates ability and appropriate technical skills when
administering treatments and procedures in accordance with
physician's orders, and nursing policy and procedure.
- Administers medications and IVs in accordance with WA State
WAC. If Resident is an LPN they may administer the following
medications/treatments with direct supervision by the RN preceptor:
- administer IV fluids and medications.
- access central lines for blood draws.
- administer medications, TPN, blood products via a central
- perform venipuncture to start IVs.
- flush peripheral and PICC lines.
- Consistently functions within the guidelines of the Washington
Nurse Practice Act, unit specific standards of practice, and keeps
current with the legal aspects of nursing.
- Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Other duties as assigned.Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and
adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at
all times. Position RequirementsFor employees working on site at
any CH location, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is an
essential requirement. QualificationsRequired:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, or due to graduate
within 30 days with proof supplied upon graduation.
- Current LPN, Nurse Tech, or RN licensure in the state of
Washington (RCW 18.88). If LPN or Nurse Tech licensure, eligible to
sit for NCLEX exam. Clinical experiences with a preceptor will be
tailored to their level of licensure.
- For RNs from other states, their clinical experiences will not
begin until their WA State license is shown as active, or they have
a WA State Temporary Practice Permit.
- Active Washington State RN licensure by the end of 90
- Certified in BLS and recertified annually.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows
navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and
- Not Specified Physical/Sensory DemandsO = Occasional,
represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.F =
Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of a 2 hour
workday.C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of
a 2 hour workday.Physical/Sensory Demands ForThis Position:
- Walking - C
- Sitting/Standing - F
- Reaching: Shoulder Height - F
- Reaching: Above shoulder height - O
- Reaching: Below shoulder height - F
- Climbing - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less - F
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - F
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less - F
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - F
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less - F
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds - O
- Crawling/Kneeling - O
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching - F
- Twisting/Turning - F
- Repetitive Movement - OWorking Conditions:
- Acute care nursing.Job Classification:
- Hourly/Salary:HourlyPhysical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights - No
- Heat - No
- Cold - No
- Mechanical Hazards - Yes
- Hazardous Substances - Yes
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential - Yes
- Lighting - Yes
- Noise - Yes
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation - Yes
- Infectious Diseases - Yes
Keywords: Confluence Health, Everett , Nurse Resident, Healthcare , Wenatchee, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...