Allergy Consult Nurse RN
Company: Confluence Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Salary Range$34.98 - $55.82 OverviewLocated in the heart of
Washington, we enjoy open skies, snow-capped mountains, and the
lakes and rivers of the high desert. We are the proud home of
orchards, farms, and small communities. Confluence Health actively
supports the communities we serve and their quality of life through
our community support program and through our individual efforts as
involved community members.Employees of Confluence Health receive a
wide range of benefits in addition to compensation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Saving Accounts
- CH Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Gym Membership Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Shift DifferentialFor more information on our Benefits & Perks,
click SummaryUnder general supervision, coordinates direct and
indirect patient care activities in regard to the mixing and giving
of allergy serum as prescribed by the physician, providing
necessary support to the physician and patient within established
guidelines. Facilitates a smooth work and patient flow within the
department. Essential Functions
- Responsible for triaging ENT referrals, post-op patient
questions, and other situations as they arise.
- Safely administer allergy vaccines, monitor patients for
anaphylaxis, and treat as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly mix allergy vaccines under
the current regulatory guidelines.
- Performs general nursing care to patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with nursing standards.
- Gives allergy injections according to the instructions and
guidelines set forth by each physician and the Allergy Department
- Observes, records, and reports patient's condition and reaction
to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Dispenses medication as directed.
- Mixes antigen prescription according to physician's
instructions and prepares paperwork associated with the mixing
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment,
examination, and testing of patients experiencing reactions to
- Performs skin testing for allergens under physician
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs
patient and family regarding medications, treatment instructions,
and possible side effects.
- Maintains and reviews patients records, charts, and other
- Maintains injection rooms for necessary supplies and materials,
ensures cleanliness, prepares list of medical supplies needed.
- Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Other duties as assigned.Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and
adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at
all times. Position RequirementsBeing fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 is an essential requirement of working at Confluence
Health. Religious and medical exemptions will be considered upon
- Active or Interim Washington State Registered Nurse License,
required by start date.Desired:
- Previous experience in an ambulatory care setting or
specialized experience important to the function of the respective
- Experience in an ear, nose and throat or Allergy practice.
Physical/Sensory DemandsO = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up
to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.F = Frequent, represents 26 to
50% or up to 1 hour of a 2 hour workday.C = Continuous, represents
51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of a 2 hour workday.Physical/Sensory
Demands ForThis Position:
- Walking - F
- Sitting/Standing - F
- Reaching: Shoulder Height - F
- Reaching: Above shoulder height - O
- Reaching: Below shoulder height - F
- Climbing - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less - O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less - O
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less - O
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds - O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds - O
- Crawling/Kneeling - O
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching - O
- Twisting/Turning - F
- Repetitive Movement - FWorking Conditions:Work is performed at
a work station desk, patient exam rooms, shot area and mixing room.
Space may be limited and confined. Requires a combination of
working independently and also working closely with others. Hours
may be irregular at times; overtime and travel may be required.
Requires working under stressful conditions. General supervision is
provided by the Practice Manager with additional instructions,
guidance, and directions provided by the physicians or providers
with whom the RN is working.Job Classification:
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Hourly/Salary: HourlyPhysical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights - No
- Heat - No
- Cold - No
- Mechanical Hazards - No
- Hazardous Substances - Yes
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential - Yes
- Lighting - No
- Noise - No
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation - No
- Infectious Diseases - Yes
Keywords: Confluence Health, Everett , Allergy Consult Nurse RN, Healthcare , Wenatchee, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...