Surgical Technologist -*Up to $10,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description $10,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external
candidates who mee t all conditions for payment - this is in
addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered
by Providence that begin on your first day of employment .
Providence is calling a Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE, 36 hours
per week, Day Shift) to work in Surgery Services at Providence
Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA. Apply Today!
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message
with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system. Please
Complete this step . The Surgical Technologist provides patient
care within scope of practice including scrub duties for surgical
procedures. Participates in standby and call schedules. In this
position you will:
- Demonstrate age specific patient care considerations for the
- Demonstrate application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in
the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and
family education areas based on PEMC age specific care competency
- Plan, organize and perform as a surgical scrub
- Collect and prepare equipment, instruments and supplies
necessary for surgical procedures.
- Set up sterile field with instruments, sutures, blades,
electrosurgical equipment, suction, prosthesis and solutions needed
for procedures according to established procedures.
- Continually maintain neat and orderly sterile field as dictated
by the sequence of the procedure.
- Discard all used sponges into proper receptacle as per accepted
practice to ensure accurate count and avoid contamination of
- Count sponges, needles, sharps, instruments and other items
with circulator to ensure accuracy and compliance with policy.
- Keep an accurate count of all counted items during procedures.
Maintain an accurate account of the amount of irrigation used
during a procedure.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgeon in order to expedite the
- Communicate updates for procedures and surgeon preference
- * All pertinent information is communicated to the RN
- Practice cost containment:
- Check for discarded instruments prior to disposing of them
according to established procedures.
- Follows instructions regarding the opening and utilization of
- Support unit/department quality improvement and maintains
personal professional work performance:
- Participate in all staff meetings and mandatory in services and
training programs to ensure continued understanding of all
departmental policies, procedures and performance improvement
processes. Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical technologist training
program - Surgical Technology
- Surgical Technologist State Registration
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Preferred qualification for
this position include:
- Prior experience as a surgical technologist in an acute care
facility About the hospital you will serve. Providence Regional
Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most
award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the
HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence
four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital
tower and the implementation of Epic EMR will significantly enhance
our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care. The
hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to
the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking,
and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have
all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical
districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique
restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30
minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies
only 2 hours north. We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits
- see our website for details -
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know
me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P345654 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category:
Surgical/Perioperative Services Job Function: Clinical Care
Schedule: Full time Shift: Day Career Track: Clinical Support
Department: 3002 SURG GEN D2 D3 COLBY2 Address: WA Everett 1321
Colby Ave Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Everett , Surgical Technologist -*Up to $10,000 Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!