Medical Specimen Courier, Wenatchee (4916)
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Interpath Lab is seeking friendly people with great customer
service skills and a clean driving record for a Medical Courier
position. In this position, you will pick up, transport and deliver
medical specimens, lab supplies and reports, and interact with
customers in a positive and a professional manner.We are excited to
share with you a short video that shows why the Interpath family is
so special. Please click here:Responsibilities
- Pick up, transport and deliver medical specimens, supplies,
correspondence, laboratory reports and other items using approved
methods and transport devices.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients, clients and
- Perform operator care on assigned vehicles, including
inspecting and -completing minor maintenance, and cleaning.
- Practice client sensitivity at all times. -
- Maintain confidentiality of the client, patient, and company
information at all times. -
- Administrative duties including excellent customer service to
all patients, clients and employees.
- Answer phones in a timely manner following company standards on
proper phone etiquette.
- Maintain and update courier schedule.
- Participate in training and quality assurance programs. -
- Complete Operations Reports, Occurrence Reports, and other
related documents as required.
- Clean and maintain coolers, incubators, and other transport
- Assist in training of other couriers. -
- Coordinate with Supervisor, Specimen Processing staff, Client
Services Department, -Laboratory staff, Customers, Clients, and
other couriers. -
- Practice supply conservation, discipline, and resource
protection at all times. -
- Drive company vehicles in accordance with company policies and
applicable public rules and regulations. -
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and
regulations to assure patient confidentiality. -
- Reliable attendance and presence at work.Benefit Highlights
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for
employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time OffSchedule: Part-time, Monday-Friday, 1pm-8pmAt this
time, Interpath Laboratory is required to mandate the COVID-19
vaccination for all employees and this will be required as a
condition of employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer,
reasonable accommodations will be fairly considered.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Licensure/Certification: Valid driver's license with no
- Experience: Capable of driving vehicles with either standard or
automatic transmission.We are a devoted team of professionals that
pride ourselves on building a vibrant work culture where curiosity,
persistence, and positive attitudes are at the core. From a
comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving learning and
development program which fosters career growth - we truly value
our employees and are very proud of the work family that we have
built since 1967.Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a family owned &
operated, clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory with over 90
locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are the Northwest's
leading, innovative laboratory dedicated to providing, rapid,
reliable, and economical laboratory testing services. With over 50
years of growth and prosperity, we are the region's largest
independent laboratory. We emphasize the vital importance of a
vibrant work culture and environment where building relationships,
teamwork, and positive attitudes are highly valued!
- Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs. Occasional lifting of 30-60 lbs.
- Able to enter and exit assigned vehicle. Able to sit in
vehicle/drive for up to -4 hours nonstop. -
- Able to load & unload assigned vehicle, with frequent bending
- Able to wear personal protective equipment as needed. -
- Regularly -handling of -potentially infectious samples. -
- Drive assigned vehicle in all types of conditions, including
built-up areas, freeway, and rural traffic, hours of darkness, and
inclement weather. -
- Exposure to odorous chemicals and specimens. -
- Occasional-to-regular kneeling, bending, stooping and twisting
to perform vehicle inspections and minor operator maintenance,
including changing tires.OHSA Category: This position performs
tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues.
All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity
to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.EOE Disabled/Veteran:
Interpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Everett , Medical Specimen Courier, Wenatchee (4916), Healthcare , Wenatchee, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!