Manager, Clinical Pathology
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Altasciences is a forward-thinking, mid-size contract research
organization offering pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies a
proven, flexible approach to preclinical and clinical pharmacology
studies, including formulation, manufacturing and analytical
services. For over 25 years, Altasciences has been partnering with
sponsors to help support educated, faster, and more complete early
drug development decisions. Altasciences' integrated, full-service
solutions include preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology
and proof of concept, bioanalysis, program management, medical
writing, biostatistics, and data management, all customizable to
specific sponsor requirements. Altasciences helps sponsors get
better drugs to the people who need them, faster.
The Manager, Clinical Pathology is responsible for interviewing,
hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing
work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees,
addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Is responsible for
ensuring that Clinical Pathology is operating in full compliance
with GLP requirements, and client Protocols, SOPs and additional
Sponsor requirements are communicated and met through proactive and
efficient resource management. Provides technical and scientific
expertise and leadership in the areas of hematology, serum
chemistry, urine analysis, and coagulation assays. Oversees and
approves SOP creation and revisions as well as method testing
projects plans for technical assays. Communicates with Study
Director, QAU, and other departments proactively to ensure
efficient resource management and quality data generation.
- Manages resources for Clinical Pathology department.
- Supervises Laboratory Technicians.
- Completes annual performance reviews.
- Supervises and assists with the preparation and execution of
- Supervises and assists with analytical quality control and lab
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected
- Reviews data to ensure accuracy, completeness, consistency and
- Reviews and responds to client inquiries to assist in study and
- Prepares, creates, and modifies SOPs as needed for the
- Prepares, reviews, and participates in the
validation/qualification of new and current methods for laboratory
- Monitors and manages equipment, reagent, and expendables
- Manages training for the Clinical Pathology
- Bachelor's Degree in medical technology or Associate's degree
(AA) or equivalent degree from two-year college or technical
school, specializing in medical technology
- Five years experience, preferably in a regulated environment
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Three years supervisory experience preferred
- MT, MLT certificate or equivalent work experience
- MS Office: spreadsheet and word processing skills are required.
Database entry and navigational skills are desirable. Ability to
operate equipment dedicated computerized systems
- The math skills required include, but are not limited to: the
ability to utilize appropriate mathematical concepts for
interpreting scientific processes.
- English: understanding, speaking, reading, writing. Ability to
write routine reports and correspondence clearly and
concisely.Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status,
or disability status. Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the
employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more
about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please
visit www.E-Verify.gov. INDMP
Keywords: Altasciences, Everett , Manager, Clinical Pathology, Healthcare , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!