Medical Assistant Certified Float - Occupational Med and Pain Center - Signing Bonus
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Float department is seeking a Medical Assistant Certified to
join their team full time. -Five percent float differential and
Sign On Bonus up to $5,000 available! The Medical Assistant
Certified functions as an integral member of the team healthcare
team and is responsible for working with all members of the
departmental health care team providing assistance to patients, and
nursing staff with direct and indirect patient care, ensuring
smooth work and patient flow within the department. Schedule: 40
hours Mon-Fri - Everett, Smokey Point, ShorelineThe Medical
Assistant Certified is responsible for and not limited to: -
- Face to face, telephone or electronic contact with patients for
the purpose of examination, treatment, monitoring, and preparation
for diagnostic tests or procedure.
- Notifying the RN/provider immediately in situations where the
patient is unstable or requires urgent or emergent care.
- Assisting with care under the direct supervision of the
- The MA-C functions as an integral member of the healthcare
- Ensures exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned before next patient
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary
- Prepares, and maintains clinical and office supplies and
equipment for treatments, including sterilization and restocking of
exam and treatment rooms.
- Pre visit paperwork ensuring medical record has all information
needed for the visit including (but not limited to): hospital
notes, immunization records, consents, test results, disease
- Prepares instruments to be sent to Kemp CS for cleaning and
sterilization. - Or where appropriate, cleans and sterilizes
equipment and instruments in department.
- Disposes of biohazard materials appropriately.
- Escorts patients from waiting area to exam room; communicates
information regarding any extended wait or delay in appointment
- Prepares patient for examination.Preferred Experience and
- Knowledge: Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment
room procedures. - Knowledge of and the ability to use medical
equipment and instruments to administer patient care. - Knowledge
of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work
- Skill: Assisting in a variety of treatments and (medications,
if credentialed to do so) as directed. - Skill in taking vital
signs. - Skill in maintaining records and recording test results. -
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with patients, employees, physicians and the public.
- Ability: Maintain quality control standards. - Ability to react
calmly and effectively in emergency situations. - Ability to
interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. - Typing
skills needed if backing up reception. - Ability to communicate
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. - Successful
completion of a state approved accredited Medical Assistant
program, required. - -.
- Experience: One year related experience preferred.Employees are
required to screen for symptoms using an approved symptom screener
prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work
sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking
orders. In addition, when in a worksite building, employees are
expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot
be attained.Interested in learning more? - Let's talk about our
MA-C opportunities and your Career growth! -
Keywords: Optum, Everett , Medical Assistant Certified Float - Occupational Med and Pain Center - Signing Bonus, Healthcare , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!